Oh my.... Crack is cheaper!

EVADER

Well I bought a 87 T. No problem. All I want is a good driver.:cool: Pretty much original.... Ok, lets get new injectors to make it run better...Heck lets go a little bit bigger.. 42s wont hurt!.:). OH look.. original fuel pump.... OK 340 sounds like a good replacement...Done.:rolleyes: What?? Original Regulator, OK ... Adj, Reg installed now. :redface: Maf is original too...But GM quit making them and aftermarket ones sucks!:( Well then I will buy a translator and lt1 maf!:confused: Oh Right... It has a Factory chip..... Time to call Turbo Tweak!:eek: OH YEA!!! MY BREAK PEDAL SUCKS..... I NEED TO CHANGE TO A VAC BRAKE SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: OH NOOOOO I NEED HELP!!! :eek:

:biggrin: Bottom Line..... DURGS ARE CHEAPER!!

(Just kidding, I love this stuff!! And I dont do drugs!)

And you did not even get Alky addicted yet ...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

The worst part is when the prices start making you ammune to prices for non car related things.
I went to the plumbing store to buy a specialized fitting for our bath tub. The guy behind the counter said "damn, you're not going to like the price on this."
I'm thinking to myself "great, its going to be 300-400 bucks."
Anyways I ask how much and he says "50 bucks".
My first thought was "Fifty bucks? Are you kidding me? I can't even get 4 gallons of racing gas for my car for fifty bucks."
That's when I realized I have a bad sickness lol.

HAHAH Kevin I feel ya.

I spend thousands on car parts ... then realize how much regular stuff I could have, and how easy it was to spend the money on my car ; but not on anything else.

"$60 for dinner out, wtf" .... "$60 for an air filter... no prob" ---

Lmfao!!!! In my case hmm lets see car is stock everyone wants to beat up on me all the time ok ill show em but oh wait my powerdisaster is leaking from the pump, lets do a hydroboost conversion,wait dont forget to add the line lock so you dont break you trans and tear off your backing plates,well everything works but its old and crusty,take the wheels off,well while were doing brakes,replace calipers cause bleeder screws are rusted to an in between size,wow those wilwood bolt on calipers and braided brake lines in CHP sure look nice...oh looky ur driving past summit lets stop and get them,wait your rotors are one hard stop from collapsing in the middle well lets order summit drilled and slotted rotors, 2 week warranty wtf ? oh well its cheaper than a baer conversion and simple,well while were down there lets change the balljoints,tierod ends ,add a camaro swaybar, sandblast and paint the control arms and replace the roasted control arm bushings...but wait the weather is breakin,and the car is on jackstands still and we still havent made it faster yet ,or finished installing all the autometer gauges,and you cant turn the boost up till you buy a fuel pump and scanmaster,did i mention the stock turbo is starting to cause smoke from the exhaust...LOL i feel ya pain/sickness

hello people; A toy is a toy but this toy is a big boys,girls toy. Last yr. I had that feeling more than this yr. Not that it gets any easier but after a while you can make some sort of reasoning behind it.
IBBY

I would slow down and really think about what you want to do with the car and give us an idea so we can help put you on the right path.

Throwing parts as "needed" will cost you alot more in the long run IMO...

I would slow down and really think about what you want to do with the car and give us an idea so we can help put you on the right path.

What he said. I got my GN on '98. It had 110k miles and was rough, but ran pretty strong. Ever since that day I started throwing parts at it to keep it running well. That didn't work out well because I just couldn't keep up with it. Back in 2006 I blew a head gasket. After pulling the heads I found out that the other head gasket was leaking an the exhaust valve in the #1 cylinder was cracked. So much for patching it together. I pulled the motor apart and found a cracked skirt on a piston. :eek: I was ready to scrap the car at this point because I didn't have the time or money to really do anything with it. My son was 1 year old then and took all my time (still does for the most part).
After some motivation from friends I said F it and tore it down to the frame.

Right now I'm in the process of building it back up piece by piece. Everything that needs to be replaced will be. I have a solid plan as to what my goals are and am sticking too it. Once the car is back together I will just need to maintain it from that point hopefully.

HAHAH Kevin I feel ya.

I spend thousands on car parts ... then realize how much regular stuff I could have, and how easy it was to spend the money on my car ; but not on anything else.

"$60 for dinner out, wtf" .... "$60 for an air filter... no prob" ---

Exactly!!! ;)

True but he is doing the logical first steps. Translator & maf, fuel pump & regulator, chip is all basic needs. Altho, I would have got 60 lb injectors & a TT chip package to save a few $$ right off the hop. Now a Scanmaster is a must as well IMO. These cars are not cheap to operate & tune properly so you better have some $$ if the mods arent already done.

:biggrin: Bottom Line..... DURGS ARE CHEAPER!!

What the hell are Durgs? lol.

Take it slow. These cars dont respond well to alot of new parts at one time ;). When it doesnt run right you'll think is it the chip or the MAF, or the FPR, or the ................etc. If you need any help there are 3 of us near 40/42, and Bigwood Racing in Benson.

The worst part is when the prices start making you ammune to prices for non car related things.
I went to the plumbing store to buy a specialized fitting for our bath tub. The guy behind the counter said "damn, you're not going to like the price on this."
I'm thinking to myself "great, its going to be 300-400 bucks."
Anyways I ask how much and he says "50 bucks".
My first thought was "Fifty bucks? Are you kidding me? I can't even get 4 gallons of racing gas for my car for fifty bucks."
That's when I realized I have a bad sickness lol.

Man, you hit the nail on the head!

Mikey

That is why I am trying to sell! I am going back to simple old school.

I had the brake thing happen, Vac was way to go.

I have turbo tweak Chip, but each adjustment cost.

I have seen poor PRONTO spend thousands and think WTF i don't need this madness. :mad:

I will always love & RESPECT these cars BUT from a distance.. :D