off to paint shop

thx for the replys, hope to bring home ealy next week. he had to shoot the lower windshield piece and wipers and the new door handles. i am in need of a new hoodliner now. post pix next week.

still need a bath bad but coming together ok, door handles and key locks next also ordered new springs for front
IMG00519.jpg

IMG00518.jpg

tinted windows yesterday, still need to wash it though. and waiting on rims. but so far lookin pretty good and best of all....its different
111910A.jpg

111910.jpg

I guess I'm old fashioned. I prefer shiny black. But then again, I haven't found an aftermarket wheel I like except for the gnx spoke look a likes, and that kind of doesn't count.

looks great,im liking the satin look. amazing they got your car done so fast.. mine has been in the paint shop over 5 months:( it really set me behind with all the stuff i wanted to do to it.

hello people; I like it and would even more by changing the wheels. There's all kinds of them and one thing at a time and the future is there. I think a red pinstripe down the sides would be cool. Recently someone made a pic. of a TB with red in it and it's nice and would work with your car IMO.
have fun
IBBY

after first wash i realized that freaken fingerprints are gonna be a pain. lol
drive around today a bit wearing in new rotor and calipers. got ALOT of looks and thumbs up, kinda kool. should have rims next week.
112110f.jpg

112110e.jpg

112110c.jpg

Looks pretty sick. Props for trying something different. REALLY looking forward to seeing it done with wheels. :)

On a side note. I thought that they are supposed to seal the paint so fingerprints don't show up etc. Basically making it like standard paint. ??

Looks pretty sick. Props for trying something different. REALLY looking forward to seeing it done with wheels. :)

On a side note. I thought that they are supposed to seal the paint so fingerprints don't show up etc. Basically making it like standard paint. ??

Thanks, yea i dunno about a sealer. but i am going to ask him today. he did say it is a "single catalyst" paint? whatever that means and said is very durable. dont be affraid to rub on it. but i am not really wanting to rub on new paint ya know.

hello people; I like it and would even more by changing the wheels. There's all kinds of them and one thing at a time and the future is there. I think a red pinstripe down the sides would be cool. Recently someone made a pic. of a TB with red in it and it's nice and would work with your car IMO.
have fun
IBBY

hello people; I just tried to find the post I was talking about with no luck. But it was a cross between a Monte SS and a newer 442. Maybe someone could find it?
IBBY

Looks good!! rat-rod style....Almost looks like a base/no clear.. Would make me run out and throw 3-4 coats clear on it and color sand the heck out of it!!:biggrin: Happy T-day!

GC

Looking good! Sounds like they used Single Stage paint. Basically it's not necessary to clear. The single stage can be re-worked easily. Single Stage is very durable. I used single stage on my 39K mile car then cleared it just to give it a durable finish. Turned out very well and the girlfriend tested the durability buy slamming a door against it with my other GN in the driveway!!!!!:eek: Didnt hurt it thank god!!!

Anyone ever find out what paint this was? Or any newer stealth black paints that are used without having it look like greasy hands have been all over it?