Odd boost controller I found.

djj624

196acb628862414d28cd08e071b6ff22.jpg
found this tucked away in the trunk of my car. Must have been the previous owners, he gave me a bunch of extra parts with the car. Odd thing is it only had one inlet, thought they all had an in and out?

Galaxy S7 Edge

That is an ATR, I still run one to bleed off my 15# spring in my precision 39mm wastegate on my ATR external gate pipe. It's simple and works for me. I run alky, so it can be on race mode 100% of the time, and I never really touch it.

How does it hook up? You wouldn't have a diagram for an external gate?
27ad25286a2293a52bc86c5f1874470f.jpg

Galaxy S7 Edge

Yup, bottom of gate to the Y, just like you have it, top of the gate is open to the atmosphere, then the Y goes to the turbo and then the other part of Y to the bleeder.

IMG_3531.JPG

Probably bleeds air to the atmosphere, old school bleeder valve it looks like.
Exactly. By bleeding air in the atmosphere, there is less vacuum going to the wastegate forcing it to close a little more increasing the boost level. Might be "old school" but it works!

Claude. :)

Though this controller is very touchy, not linear, just make small changes, like 1/4 turns. I have XFI and ams1000/boostleash stuff in my future, just needs funds. But this works well. I found this easier to adjust than the RJC controller, though I like the RJC better.

I would like to get a longer vac line and run it into the car. Mount it under the steering column somewhere like that. You think to long of a vac line would kill the functionality? I have plenty of boost gauge plastic line.

Galaxy S7 Edge

A better descriprion is a "bleeder valve".
As stated, this valve bleeds air to reduce the pressure the wg sees. This in turn requires more boost pressure to compress the spring in the stock wg.

All finished hooking it up and it works great. Gets me from 16lbs closed to 25lbs fully open. I mounted it in the cab so this way I don't have to keep popping the hood when I want to change boost levels. BTW that's not the vacuum line it my scanmaster line, lol.
42a90d0253e13575f05bb9180b4c7c3b.jpg

Galaxy S7 Edge