odd 79 sport coupe

79 Ghost

My 79 is money paper green:cool: , the pale green color of the paper money is printed on, with green vinyl inside. As ive been cleaning the car up ive found there are a few parts with the leter A stamped on them, and in the trunk there is a yellow tag with the number 1.

Today i took the car to the junkyard to find a few parts, dome light cover mainly. my frend there says he has never ever seen a g body that color, or with that interior. and he has seen alot of them, he has been there for 20 years.

can anyone help me with a name or paint code for this paint color and interior color. the car is very original and id like to touch up a few things, if i can get paint to match this rare color combo.

I havnt had any luck finding a build sheet or options list, where is that located on the 79 model?

my 79 is a green that may be the same color, has a slightly darker shade of green dash and white seats/headliner.

i guess the A is for Aluminum.. so far i know for shure the headder panel... and its kinda odd, but the bench seat has an aluminum frame?? has anyone else seen or heard of this?

I've seen a few of those Green cars. The paint codes can be found on the cowl tag. Okay 2 greens they used on 79 Regals. One is pastel and should be paint code 40 and the other is metallic and called Medium Green Iridiscent and is code 44. And yep. Most of the aluminum parts have the letter A stamped on them. No aluminum turbo hoods that I know of but the trunk lid should also be aluminum. I've never seen aluminum seat frames on them but I do know that Cadillac used them exclusively on their cars. I even went to the trouble of installing them in one of my Rivieras. It's worth a few pounds anyway.

Those late 80's G-Bodies are the true lightweights as far as weight goes. I show the shipping weight on a base Regal coupe as 2999 pounds! Compared to the 3212 weight of a bench seat 87 Turbo Regal we have here in the shop.

Check under the hood liner and under the trunk mat. Those appear to be favorite spots to find a build sheet at in those older cars.