Occasional misfire

Texas gn

Every once in a while when I nail it from a stop I will get a misfire or backfire that sounds like it is in the engine and not the exhaust. Only does it every now and then but seem to be more so with the colder temps. Also once it happens it will cean up after i get out of it and then and run fine. Any suggesting would be helpful…Thanks

I was having a occasional misfire too, and once had a backfire at WOT scared the crap out of me. Turned out the balancer was loose (my fault) and to make matters worse it was cracked at the key way. I guess it was affecting the crank sensor. I replaced it with one from TA and so far no problems.

Thank for the info guys, It was not long ago I had the engine out and was into the front and top. I will double check the balancer though….

Lean pop sounds more like what might be going on because I had it happen when I first got the car. Could you please explain a little more (I am still a semi newbe with all the technical terms) However since the install of the heads/cam I have added 14% more fuel to get the wb into the 10.8 to 11.0 area in top of third. I guess it does not mean much when the issues seem to be in 1st and 2nd.

what maf setup are you running?

heads/ cam increased the airflow ,
the chip needs a retweak as it now needs more fuel . call eric and get your chip revised
and he can also add fuel to the WOT area

I am running the original unit….maybe you’re on to something. I had Eric burn me a new chip when I made the changes…..I think I am ok in that department. Kinda sounds like my maf might be acting up. I have been reading about it and it sounds like a maf can cause all kinds of weird problems.