O2's acting strange!

rb68rr

Sometimes my 02's are right were they should be around 790-800 at wot and sometimes they won't get over 550! Car runs fine though! New Denso 02 sensor! Do I have a bad ground or what and how do I find it? Thanks, R. B.

Sometimes my 02's are right were they should be around 790-800 at wot and sometimes they won't get over 550! Car runs fine though! New Denso 02 sensor! Do I have a bad ground or what and how do I find it? Thanks, R. B.

These are slower to warm up than other narrow bands.

The car can be running for an hour when it happens!
550 after running through first and second and then at the top of third? Or is it what you see when you first floor it in second or third?

Yes, car runs perfect! Just seems to read wrong! That's why I thought it might be the grounds making it read wrong!

Yes, car runs perfect! Just seems to read wrong! That's why I thought it might be the grounds making it read wrong!
If the ground was bad it would never go into closed loop. Do you run leaded fuel?

No leaded fuel. Early in the morning when it's cool the o2's seem to be fine. Then when it gets hotter it reads crazy!

No leaded fuel. Early in the morning when it's cool the o2's seem to be fine. Then when it gets hotter it reads crazy!
I only used Denso when I used leaded fuel. It's slower to heat but resistant to lead. I wouldn't use it if not using lead. Did you say that you monitored pressure and it was as it should be with boost increase?

Yes fp rises with boost as it should! Like I said the car runs fine! Just bugs me about stupid 02 readings!

Yes fp rises with boost as it should! Like I said the car runs fine! Just bugs me about stupid 02 readings!
I think you're at the point where you need to replace your O2 sensor to see what happens the cheapest one you can get will work fine as long as you don't use leaded fuel.

Just replaced it last week!
The reason I'm stuck on watching fuel pressure is because of your comment about numbers looking right when cool and wrong when hot.This makes me thing you have a bad pump or poor wiring to the pump. Do you have a permanently mounted fuel pressure gauge that is always visible to you when you're driving the car under boost?

No, taped one to the windshield. Seems like if the 550 reading was correct the car would run horrible. No knock retard or anything!

No, taped one to the windshield. Seems like if the 550 reading was correct the car would run horrible. No knock retard or anything!
Depends on how long you stay in it,but yes you would think it would be very flat. I always want to be able to read fuel pressure so I have a permanent hood mounted fuel pressure gauge. I want you to be able to watch the gauge at full throttle and after seeing 60 lbs @ 17 lbs of boost hit the recall on your Scanmaster to see what number is recorded.I want to verify that you can see a 550 while also/during the same run verify correct fuel pressure rise.

Fuel pressure 42 with vacuum line off. 16 lbs of boost. Just checked it under wot and it was 58lbs. 02's read 524 at 69 mph!