O2 Sim

72firebird

Do they make an O2 simulator for the Turbo Buicks? I've been looking on the different sponsors sites and I haven't found anything. I want to run a wide band but I don't wanna put another bung in my downpipe so is there a wideband that will either put a signal output for the stock computer or an O2 simulator?

aren't o2 sims for running an obdII car catless? you wouldnt want to put one of those things upstream of the cat, then you wouldnt have an o2 at all.

alvin87gn said:
aren't o2 sims for running an obdII car catless? you wouldnt want to put one of those things upstream of the cat, then you wouldnt have an o2 at all.

yeah I guess you're right, they replace the rear O2s that are for emissions. Oh well, do they make anything though where I can run a wide band that will give a signal to the stock computer too? I really don't want to modify my stock TTA downpipe at all.

72firebird said:
yeah I guess you're right, they replace the rear O2s that are for emissions. Oh well, do they make anything though where I can run a wide band that will give a signal to the stock computer too? I really don't want to modify my stock TTA downpipe at all.

Why not put an extra bung on the down pipe? It's actually a much better place for it anyway. You really don't want to put a wideband in place of the stocker and subject it to all that super high temp and backpressure that it would see in the stock location anyway.

I think it is possible to run a wide band with the stock ECM- not sure how, though. But I know there are several who post on this board who will know. Bruce?

Depending on the wideband sensor they dont take alot of heat.
I would mount the wideband in the testpipe at a angle so it wont collect moisture and ruin the sensor.

I am wanting to get a PLX box or at least the wideband 02 and run a harness so i wouldnt have to purchase the box, using erics chip to display the A/F ration via the scanmaster.

Just my opinion

BW

Ormand said:
I think it is possible to run a wide band with the stock ECM- not sure how, though.

<snip>

?

Not really. There's a reason you see them running them in the downpipe and further.
But what the heck do I know.

Ormand said:
I think it is possible to run a wide band with the stock ECM- not sure how, though. But I know there are several who post on this board who will know. Bruce?

Contact Eric Marshall if you want to run a wideband using a stock ECM using one of his computer chips.

His website is in my signature.

BW

So I can just put it in my cutout or between the cutout and downpipe and get a good reading? I thought that you would want it as close to the turbo as possible for the best reading. If it's fine to put it that far back then I'll just do that since I won't have to put the bung into the downpipe.

Running the PLX box, that sensor doesnt take heat and from what i hear from friends on this board, they are installing the 02 sensor in the test pipe.

Go back and read my first post on this thread, did you catch the sentence about reading A/F ratio on the scanmaster :biggrin:

BW