Nozzle holder question

qwiketz

I bought some nozzles at mcmaster carr and need a 1/8" male to 1/8" female npt connector to get them to mate up correctly. Also, I need to get something that will give enough room for the alky to get into the screen section of the nozzle.

I checked mcmaster, but must not have seen it. Any links would be nice or part numbers would be ideal.
thanks!

Originally posted by qwiketz
Also, I need to get something that will give enough room for the alky to get into the screen section of the nozzle.

:D

Guess you're at where I was at 2 years ago.

McMaster Carr doesnt sell it. I do tho but it comes with nozzles..

HTH

so you don't sell that part serarately?

anyone else have any info? The reason I use mcmaster carr is because I usually get my order the same day since their warehouse is 10 miles from my house. I'm open to buying them from whomever at this point though.

Why not use a 1/8" NPT female to female about 1" long brass fitting/coupler. Holds the nozzle and provides room for the filter.

Then go right angle with male to male 1/8" NPT fitting or straight 1/8" male to male to get your male end you say you need.

Tons of stuff out there.

Or else you want a long male/female adapter which are hard to locate sometimes, since most crush the filter.

easy....

If your runnin AN lines to em then get your 1/8NPT to 4AN fitting (i guess a brass 1/8 male coupler would work too, idk tho) and bore out the NPT end deep enough + some to clear the screen when threaded into the bung... you'll have plenty of clearance for flow and won't need to worry bout sidewall becoming weak... i forget the bit size, you can figure that out tho. The nozzle will thread into a FEM to FEM 1/8NPT bung which you;ll have someone weld into the uppipe, intake, etc... welding on a bung is the best method as ive seen some funny things in that dept. THe bungs are avail at mcmaster carr.. they are aluminum billet, and arent quite long enough to fit the nozzle and fitting on the other end, thats why you need to drill a lil into the end of the fitting.

Yes it works good

You could also make your own bungs of longer length out of some aluminum round stock... all youll need is a 1/8NPT tap and a drill. Then you wont need to worry bout drilling the upper fitting.

they gotta make those things thread in from the outside... argh.
:eek:

I'll probably go with the female 1/8" to female 1/8" then get a 1/8" male to 1/8" male fitting to go in the opposite side of the nozzle. Thanks for the idea!

found everything I need at mcmaster. It just took a little more looking. I got some ideas from the blowerworks catalog. I went with a female to female adapter with 1/8 npt on one side and 3/8 on the other. On the side with the 3/8" I'm going to toss a male 90* on there. There screen for the nozzle should stick into the opening for the male fitting giving it plenty of room to get fed. I found some military spec rubber gaskets to secure it in the hole I drill in my inlet pipe(supercharged app).

Changing nozzles should be a 30 second job.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

Part #s

Originally posted by qwiketz
found everything I need at mcmaster. It just took a little more looking. I got some ideas from the blowerworks catalog. I went with a female to female adapter with 1/8 npt on one side and 3/8 on the other. On the side with the 3/8" I'm going to toss a male 90* on there. There screen for the nozzle should stick into the opening for the male fitting giving it plenty of room to get fed. I found some military spec rubber gaskets to secure it in the hole I drill in my inlet pipe(supercharged app).

Changing nozzles should be a 30 second job.

Thanks for the ideas guys!

do you have the # for that stuff. I have been looking and have not been able to find that stuff either.
thanks

BTW, I'm probably not going to be running a super high concentration of meth with that grommet.

I have a 9.75 to 1, aluminum headed LT4 small block chevy with 9 lbs of boost. I'm just hoping to be able to turn off my msd btm and hopefully will be able to do that with a 50/50 mix of meth and h20. If that's not enough then I'll up the % of meth.

With this car I'm not going to get into fuel replacement due to the difficulty in tuning this car 92 LT1 pcm(no hand held programmers available). I'm just using it for an octane advantage and to cool the intake charge.

BTW, I'm probably not going to be running a super high concentration of meth with that grommet.

I have a 9.75 to 1, aluminum headed LT4 small block chevy with 9 lbs of boost. I'm just hoping to be able to turn off my msd btm and hopefully will be able to do that with a 50/50 mix of meth and h20. If that's not enough then I'll up the % of meth.

With this car I'm not going to get into fuel replacement due to the difficulty in tuning this car 92 LT1 pcm(no hand held programmers available). I'm just using it for an octane advantage and to cool the intake charge.

My application is a little more difficult. I have to thread my nozzle into a vacuum port on my Kenne Bell supercharger. I would love to find a 1/8npy that is dual female ended and threaded both inside and out of both ends. Anyone know of anything like this?

Gary

Sounds like you would need some type of tube bushing.

Perhaps a brass tube that was tapped for male 3/8" NPT threads on the OD.

ID would be hollowed out and tapped for 1/8" NPT to accept a nozzle and bored throughout the tube bushing.

Other end would only need one fitting and could be tapped male or female as needed, I would assume.

Could be made by a toolmaker or machinist out of brass solid tube stock relatively easily.

If not commerically available somewheres.... :cool:

I had trouble finding that and even if I did, there wouldn't be sufficient clearance around the screen of the nozzle, so I went with the fitting I did and just changed the fitting that mates the hose to the coupler. I'm pretty happy with it now.

That's kinda what I did...

Originally posted by salvageV6
Sounds like you would need some type of tube bushing.

Perhaps a brass tube that was tapped for male 3/8" NPT threads on the OD.

ID would be hollowed out and tapped for 1/8" NPT to accept a nozzle and bored throughout the tube bushing.

Other end would only need one fitting and could be tapped male or female as needed, I would assume.

Could be made by a toolmaker or machinist out of brass solid tube stock relatively easily.

If not commerically available somewheres.... :cool:

I took some solid SS reducing bushings, I think they're 1/2" X 1/8" NPT. Tapped the back end of the bushing for 1/8" NPT female. It was already drilled to size. Then I drilled out the other side for use with a 3/8" NPT tap. This gives you the 1/8" NPT for the nozzle on the inside and a 3/8" NPT female on the outside for your alky line. The whole thing screws into a 1/2" NPT female bung that's welded to the up pipe. The reason I went with this size is for the exact reason you mentioned, I wanted to use the McMaster-Carr nozzles with the screen. If they didn't have the screen, everything would be much simpler. It's not pretty, but you can change nozzles in a blink.