Now What? Running Lean

V6cious

I just put my buick back together after being down for a year due to blown headgaskets from running lean, I have verified that I am getting 1lb of fuel for every pound of boost so thats good and I am at 4.6 volts on tps wot, I have all the goodies for proper fuel psi walbro,hotwire,42.5 injs so now it would seem that my inj would be the culprit, are there any other things to consider, o2 volts are 650's in 3rd gear.

TT 5.6 and I forgot to mention that this is with only 17lbs boost and static pressure set at 44.

Add all the wot fuel you can with the chip. If that does not richen it up, your fuel pump is laying down.

So even with the 1t01 on fuel and boost the fuel pump can still be suspect?The pump is new with only about 3000 miles.

So even with the 1t01 on fuel and boost the fuel pump can still be suspect?The pump is new with only about 3000 miles.
Do you have a log?

It's pretty hard to say with accuracy if the pump is keeping up reading off a gauge. It may spike up in the begining giving you a false sense but as it comes under higher demand it's not keeping up.

Add wot fuel with the chip and you will know right away. ;)

Just because the fuel pump is not that old, don't turn your back on it. :biggrin:

lean condition ?

V6cious ---

double check your pump for sustained pressure & volume

I had a new walbro ser # 169 pump, dated 20806 (before defective
pumps production dates) that went "weak" after only 3 months/300 miles
on my very mild street TR - I always keep tank at 1/2 plus of 93 octane,
with no "home brewed" fuel additives