Noticed my lock out quit working.

Jeff84T-type

Well, the tranny has been great so far but I recently noticed the lock out isn't working anymore. To make sure its not masking itself by going in with overdrive (only 3 shifts) I tapped the brakes while doing 60 and the tranny did not drop out of lock out which tells me its never going in. What do I need to look into to figure out what happened. I recently had trouble with my brake switch because it came out of the holder under the dash but I put it back into place and adjusted it properly again.

Same thing for me last week. There are "2" switches sensing the brake pedal. Make sure both of them are set proper.

Well, the switch I messed with is the one under the kick panel that is nylon and 'pushes' into teeth that hold it in place. It turns on the brake lights when the button is released which is how I noticed my switch problem since the brake lights were on. I knocked it loose install the power trunk kit from Kirban. Where is the other switch?

Take the kick panel down and you'll see both of them, they are one right on top of the other . You'll see an empty metal tab with a dime size hole in it if it is completely knocked loose. My cruise control even works now!! Snap it back in with the switch side inserted towards the brake pedal.

I dropped the kick panel and both are in place and look fine. I must have knocked lose something cause now my climate control is jsut blowing out the top and bottom:mad:

man I'm having the same problem with the lockup test at 60mph. I didn't know ther were 2 switches sensing the brake pedal. Only one I know is the one on top of the pedal. I better go make sure they are aligned.

One other thing to check also is that the Neutral park switch does not still sense the car in P/N. If so the TC will not lockup either. Another test you can perfomr is to gound pin f of your Data Port. Do this only while driving and see if the TC locks up. If it does then look in the brake switch neutral switch and wiring. If it does not then you need to look at the TC clutch lockup wiring or even the solenoid itself. Do not worry if it is the solenoid, it is easy to change and only about 40 bucks max.

I just fixed my lockup problem. I just had to push in the upper brake switch in some more until it was pushed in. Problem solved:D Feels good that the tranny locks up again. Maybe thats why I been having to buy gas everyother day:rolleyes:

all this time I just been screwing my tranny and overheating the converter:( :mad: :eek: :eek:

Its important that that upper brake switch which plays a role in locking up the TCC, is contacting the brake pedal when you are cruising. It definitely gave me better gas mileage.:) Feels good to get 25 miles a gallon again:D :cool:

We hooked a scanner up to it Saturday night and took it for a spin. The ECM is calling for the TCC on at about 43 mph. However, when I'd hit the brakes it would not shut the TCC to off. The harness is still plugged in and the switchs look to be working. I think its just the solenoid.