Noticed an oil puddle today...

my car marks it's territory by draining the entire contents of the trans pan out the front seal.. it is a constant drip that doesn't stop until the fluid level in the pan is below the filter..
if i don't remember to put a drain pan under it, the puddles is bigger than the car after a few days and it take 3 quarts to get the car to even go into gear..

You must have a lot of rustangs and vettes in the neighborhood them Derrik.:eek::biggrin:

Take a pic of the top of your engine lets have a look. You SHOULD have a breather for the passenger side, if not once you get on it (into boost) oil will ride up & out of the oil dip stick. Saw this happen once it was UGLY. On a relatives Buick.

Ok, here ya go. Not sure if I got any good angles...
GEDC0008.jpgGEDC0009.jpgGEDC0010.jpgGEDC0011.jpgGEDC0012.jpg

Pas side breather is the black thing sticking out of the front of the valve cover.. Is appears to be from an oldsmobile . The breather on the driver side is part of your problem . Buy the angled stub from kirbans made by metco .. The one you have now ..tends to hold oil and drip if your running any kind of boost over stock .. That white spot on the headers is where the oil is driping of the valve cover .. The wire harness will also be filled with oil and drips from the bolt holes ..car really needs some elbow grease ... Welcome to the board ..

Pas side breather is the black thing sticking out of the front of the valve cover.. Is appears to be from an oldsmobile . The breather on the driver side is part of your problem . Buy the angled stub from kirbans made by metco .. The one you have now ..tends to hold oil and drip if your running any kind of boost over stock .. That white spot on the headers is where the oil is driping of the valve cover .. The wire harness will also be filled with oil and drips from the bolt holes ..car really needs some elbow grease ... Welcome to the board ..
Ah, I see. Will the push-in breathers fit? The current one twists in and out, the fill hole has notches.
Yes, I knew I was in for some work...but I love this thing and DON'T miss my '98 Prelude, lol.

Mine is a push in on the pas side ... the driver is a lock just like the stock one .. but angled ..

Attachments

• DSCI0057.jpg
    DSCI0057.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 207
  • GNXPipe5[1].jpg
    GNXPipe5[1].jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 219
I'd start with about $10 in quarters, a gallon of simple green, a floor jack, some jack stands, and a creeper. Go to your local pressure washer......jack the front up as high as you can get it......put the jack stands under the front control arms......ease car down on jack stands.....then start washing....high pressure water and soap...... then simple green the cr@p out of everything.....then wash again. Repeat until everything has no visible oil on anything. Then you might can tell where the oil is actually coming from. You should be able to get at least the front half of the car clean underneath and inside the engine compartment.

You have a stock breather on the pass side valve cover. This is connected to your turbo. Block the port on the turbo and get a push in style K&N. Because of this style and the fact that this engine looks like it has lacked care for some time, I am betting you have a ton of oil in your intercooler.

Check your oil filter and make sure it hasnt vibrated loose or has two gaskets on it...I has the very same thing happen and it was my filter....It would vibrate loose...The first time it happened i was at the gas station and noticed a puddle forming at my left front wheel scared the crap outta me....I tightened it up and it did it again...so i took the filter off and it had two gaskets on it.....

Check your oil filter and make sure it hasnt vibrated loose or has two gaskets on it...I has the very same thing happen and it was my filter....It would vibrate loose...The first time it happened i was at the gas station and noticed a puddle forming at my left front wheel scared the crap outta me....I tightened it up and it did it again...so i took the filter off and it had two gaskets on it.....

No issue there. As a veteran of the oil change business, I've done literally 1000's of oil changes. It's one of the few things I can do myself, lol. But yeah, the Wix is dry and nice and tight with a single gasket and an oiled-up mounting plate. I think I'm just going to change my breathers and then give her a good wash underneath. Thanks for all the responses, guys!

I'd start with about $10 in quarters, a gallon of simple green, a floor jack, some jack stands, and a creeper.

I second that motion. I've not found anything better than Simple Green for cleaning up an engine compartment without ruining any paint or plating. Also, once you get it cleaned up with the pressure washer as suggested, you'll be able to maintain it with Simple Green and a garden hose.