Not going into overdrive

max93

I Recently installed a CK Performance shift kit in my trans, now it will not shift into overdrive. What did I do wrong ? I'm sure it is something simple but would like to have an idea what to look for before I drop the pan.

That the only symptom?
Is it shifting late or extremely harsh in other gears? You didn't get the linkage/shifter cam in the case a click off upon re-assembly?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I haven't noticed any other symptoms, but I have very few miles on it. I can manually shift into all gear positions so I believe the linkage is in the correct position. I also converted it to a non lockup converter at the same time if that matters. Also, not that it makes a differance , this is a retrofit into a 68 firebird. I should have just left it alone because it worked perfect before.

Are you going by rpm? What makes you think it isn't shifting into overdrive?
Did you change anything in the 3-4 shift valve in the valve body? Are you sure you followed the instructions? Swapping a spring into the wrong valve is the only thing I can think of. I'd drop the pan and go back through each step to make sure.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I was having the same problem a while back and wrote the solution I had found, which seemed to center around one of two things; an incorrect spring on the 2-3 shift valve and/or a shaky seal on the governor shaft which was changed at the same time. I wrote about my experience back in January of 2013 on this forum, but I don't know how to copy it here. Same problem though, no overdrive.