nos install pics.....

Turbo'dBuick

I want to plumb my motor with a fogger kit & was wondering if any of you can post pics up of you nos install fogger or not :smile:

;)

Engine compartment in my 87 GN and 86 T-type...

Attachments

• feb07 (2).jpg
    feb07 (2).jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 474
  • 5e_3a (3).jpg
    5e_3a (3).jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 480
debating about a small shot as well for my GN. yullose, you use the spray yet with the 67 turbo?

Greg

debating about a small shot as well for my GN. yullose, you use the spray yet with the 67 turbo?

Greg

Yup... just playing around on the street though. I really haven't had a need for the juice since I went to the Alky kit. The few times I hit the button though, she ran like a scalded cat.

I don't have any problem making plenty of power... what worries me the most is keeping the crankshaft in the engine. :D
Currently running 27psi on 93 octane + Alky, then adding 100hp+ worth of nitrous... would certainly spell disaster. :D

I 'gotta wait unti I have the shortblock beefed-up before I lean any harder on it. :cool:

I want to plumb my motor with a fogger kit & was wondering if any of you can post pics up of you nos install fogger or not :smile:

Be advised... NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems Inc.

"nos" (pronounced "naws") is an annoying ricer term from "The Fast & Furious". :D

'Gotta keep that straight since everyone is watching. :cool:

RE: friendly trash talk

Be advised... NOS = Nitrous Oxide Systems Inc.

"nos" (pronounced "naws") is an annoying ricer term from "The Fast & Furious". :D

'Gotta keep that straight since everyone is watching. :cool:

RE: friendly trash talk

be advised alky means alkyinjection.com,not alcohol:confused:just as nos dont mean nitrous(for the others watching)...and thats from the man of nos...tommynos;)

yullose,

Got a question for ya. I see that you are running a wet system in your cars. I was planning on running a small 100 shot in my 85. I already have an akly system as well. Here is my worry... I am currently running a Caspers 8 position chip in the car. Should I worry about timing issues with the nitrous? Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Chris

Honestly, I never changed a thing on my setup. Whatever the timing was without the nitrous, was also used with the nitrous. I never saw any knock on any of my nitrous experiments.

The street chip was run on 93 octane and 18 degrees timing. I added the 100hp shot and saw zero knock.

The race chip was run on C16 and 26 degrees timing. I added the 100hp shot and saw zero knock.

I'm not familiar with the Caspers chip, so I can't even speculate whether or not you will get the same results. I always use Eric Marshall's chips and have had great success.
I also use AC Delco R42TS plugs, gapped at .030".

48lunnt.jpg

This is the inside of the car but the 90º tubing bend goes right into the throttle body so you don't need a ton of bends but the more, the better it mixes. I've also done a lot of rework on my plenum and inside the intake to get more even flow distribution. I threw my power plate away, I'm not a fan of those. The injection point is the bung circled in yellow. I use a wet kit.

I use a 50 shot usually the whole pass and run a very conservative 19º of timing with the bottle and 21º without.

I've hit the button in the middle of a pass and you can barely tell it's there but it shows up on the timeslip. Using just the 50 shot, I usually drop about .2 off my times. I really, really like having it.

Hosing it right at the launch makes it spool up really fast. The way the car is set up right now, it leaves just insanely at a 12# transbrake launch @ 3K on the two step. It's in full boost in microseconds. I have a little 235 CID motor with a GTQ70 - T-4 housing too.

yullose,

Got a question for ya. I see that you are running a wet system in your cars. I was planning on running a small 100 shot in my 85. I already have an akly system as well. Here is my worry... I am currently running a Caspers 8 position chip in the car. Should I worry about timing issues with the nitrous? Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

You need to be very careful running 100hp nos shot on an 85 using a casper thumbwheel. It is not setup for nitrous.

First, nitrous will have a big benefit for you, it will act as an intercooler. On an 85 that should be a big plus. But caspers has a various timing setting it the chip. Different cars will tolerate different amounts of timing with the nitrous. I have burnt a thumbwheel for a couple of local car that running nitrous. Bottlefed for instant, runs 21degrees with 20lbs of boost on pump gas and 26 degrees & 24lbs of boost on race gas with no knock. On the other hand I was only able to get 19 degrees and 20lbs on pump, and 23 degrees & 24lbs, both on 75hp shots. Knock will do alot more damage to an engine on nitrous and boost then just boost. Not only what a knock gauge but read your plug (not just one but all of them).

So it depends on your setup, state of tune, and make sure your fuel supply can handle the demand. I would highly recommend a knock gage and first start out at 50hp shot and go up from there.

If you can post what your setup is and you should have a list of what the parameters are for each setting I can give you an idea on what position you should run and what level to start at.

Hope that helps.

Chuck

Chuck,

Thank you for the information. Per your request, you can see what I have done to the car in my listing below. I am running a intercooler already. I was thinking about just getting the intercooler bar kit instead of runnign a wet system. Your thoughts?

Chris

Chuck,

Thank you for the information. Per your request, you can see what I have done to the car in my listing below. I am running a intercooler already. I was thinking about just getting the intercooler bar kit instead of runnign a wet system. Your thoughts?

Chris

Chris,

I am assuming that you are running a stock long block.

I like a wet system and would start with this:

With alky- 50hp shot and limit timing to 20 and boost 22lbs. I would have a knock gauge and as soon as you see yellow (any sign of knock) let off.

Without alky- 50hp shot and limit timing to 18 and boost to 18.

Other things I would highly recommend. Minimum a walbro fuel pump with hot wire kit. I would go with a double pump to be safe. Fuel pressure gauge and watch the pressure the first couple of time to make sure its not dropping through the whole run.

Watch you boost, a 50 shot will jump boost up 1-2 lbs and with more nitrous the more boost.

More nitrous = less timing.

If you buy a NOS kit watch the jets, they tend to be on the rich side.

Chip- caspers is a nice chip but it is real generic. I would look into a chip burnt for you car. Have someone burn you a chip and record a few runs then send the files to the chip burner and ask them to dial it in. You will be suprise what you will pick up in just the chip.

Hope that helps

Chuck

Chuck,

Yes, I am running a stock long block.

Other things I already have:

*Walbro 340 hot wired
*Fuel pressure gage

I was planning on getting NX's cheap 50 shot kit that they have out now. Its like 399.00 @ summit.

Do you think that the Caspers chip will work for now? Maybe do a few runs on it and go form there?

Chris

Chris,

When you got the Casper chip they should have listed what each setting had for timing and boost level. I would use their lowest setting to start.

Different chip have different timing curves. Ie high timing (and adjusting fuel curve) on the bottom end to spool the boost. There is a thousand ways to get to the same end.

A good nitrous chip does not need to spool up the turbo, the nitrous will do that for you.

I would start with no alky, low timing, and a 50hp shot and go up in small steps.

It does not take long to loose a head gasket or burn a hole through the piston.

Also traction might be a problem from a dead stop. If you have just a on & off switch you might need to get up to about 5mph before hitting it unless you just want to smoke the tires.

In my earlier days (1986) I was running a pit bull chip with a 75hp of nitrous on a mostly stock GN. I had been hunting down a 442 that had been the talk of the town. Well one day I ran into him and I was totally unprepared. I had pump gas and pit bull chip (lots of timing) but I decided to go for it anyway. I did beat him but at the end of the 1/4 I lost both head gaskets. In short high timing and nitrous is bad if you don't have the right gas and tuning.

Chuck

Also in about 2 weeks I will post pics of a 63 Impala with V6 that has the following: Stroker Kit, Alum. TA heads, Roller cam, and a 6-Pack fogger NOS kit (adjustable from 75 to 500 hp). It's backed up by a 200r4 and ford 9". It rolls on a Air Ride suspension. Should be all the way done by Aug-Sept.

Believe it or not I am building it for my Mom. Guess that's were I got the speed bug from.:biggrin:

Here's a link to pics so far:

63 Impala pictures from classic cars photos on webshots

Chuck

Chuck,

'63 lookin good so far man! Keep up the good work! I am going to order that kit and see what I can do with some spray. I will keep you posted.

Chris

Thanks for the kind words. If you have questions later I will be glad to help.

Chuck