Noob in need of advice

scottyb86t

Hello everyone. I just bought my first turbo 6 and am stoked to get started. I have owned a few other g- bodies but no turbo cars. Its an 86 T-type all original except hooker exhaust and cai. First I have a charging issue. Has new alt and batt, volt light does not come on but bulb is fine. What else can I check? Second the tank is leaking and I am replacing it, also going to install a new hot wire kit and airtex 340 pump. What other mods will give me the most bang per buck? Thanks in advance for your help!

Scan master will save bucks in the long run.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Welcome to the site :). There is a learning curve if you've never owned one of these cars. Here's a good write up of the basics: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/info-for-new-turbo-regal-owners.380856/ Here's another one: http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/

If you can't find the answer to questions using the search button there are many knowledgeable people here who can help.

I would not use an airtex fuel pump. Do a search on this board and choose one from one of our supporting vendors based on your goals.

The idiot light not working is the reason your charging system doesn't charge. Whatever moron at GM invented that system needs his entire family murdered after being thoroughly tortured and all their PIN numbers and routing information volunteered..

You HAVE to have the idiot light work during KOEO so the alternator can be told to charge. On my car it involved removed the dash bezel, taking the two screws out and wiggling the bulb.

The idiot light not working is the reason your charging system doesn't charge. Whatever moron at GM invented that system needs his entire family murdered after being thoroughly tortured and all their PIN numbers and routing information volunteered..

You HAVE to have the idiot light work during KOEO so the alternator can be told to charge. On my car it involved removed the dash bezel, taking the two screws out and wiggling the bulb.

Wow....that escalated quickly...

If you aren't into dash disassembly, caspers has a nifty harness that bypasses.the dash light. Way easier imo.
While you are ordering you can get a hot wire kit.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app