nonpower windows on a GN

SilverTType

i have seen one 87 GN with nonpower windows,does anyone know how many came like that?what would it take to convert one with power to nonpower?will the parts from any other car besides a regal work?if anyone has done it how much weight will it take off the car?

I've got one!

I've got one. My car came with power nothing, except for the trunk lid. Manual seats, windows, locks, and no cruise controll either. I don't know what is needed to switch, but if you do, I may be willing to trade you the manual parts for the power parts. Good Luck.

I'm guessing most cars were dealer stock, and dealers would spec power windows/locks. Maybe its a special order thing:eek:

I used to own one, bought it w/13K orig. miles. Power nothing, though it did have cruise. I was told that it was ~ 250 lbs lighter, but that sounds way too high. I would guess that the the power windows adds about 10-20 lbs, and the power seat adds about 20 lbs.

I wouldn't think it would be worth the effort or money to shave off 10-20 lbs.

Turbobuicks.com has new lightweight starters for $125. There's 10 lbs cheap and...relatively easy.

Terry

My 1st GN an 87 had crank windows and manu locks ,but it had digital dash and concert sound2 very weird combo (at least to me), the car wieghed in at 3201.

i think it would be worth the time and effort to take off 10-20 lbs that way,then get the lightweight starter and fiberglass body parts and just see how light you can make it.i heard somewhere that every 100 lbs is a tenth in a 1/4 mile.besides look how many more cheeseburgers i can eat if i make my car light!

It really does come down to the burgers. You're right...anywhere one can lighten, should. I spent I think $160 on RJC's lightweight flywheel pulley (1.2 lbs vs. the stock 5.7). A net savings of 9.0 burgers.

My GN has power locks, but manual windows. Power seat but no power antenna. Odd :D