Nonlockup to Lockup

Dr. D

I installed an Art Carr 9" non-lockup converter about 12 years ago, and would like to return to a 10" lock up.
The problem I have is that I don't remember how I modified the valve body to accomodate the non-lockup so that I can change back.
I need a bit of help.

It may be as simple as swapping the non L/U valve, with a l/u valve, installing a new o-ring on the input shaft, installing a new TCC solenoid, and of course swapping the converter.

It was for mine. :)

Originally posted by Dr. D
I installed an Art Carr 9" non-lockup converter about 12 years ago, and would like to return to a 10" lock up.
The problem I have is that I don't remember how I modified the valve body to accomodate the non-lockup so that I can change back.
I need a bit of help.

I can't answer your question, but I'll take that Art Carr unit off your hands if you're gonna sell it:)

Geoff, weren't some of the check balls that were removed from valve body? Don't they need to be replaced?

Tow Man, I won't be doing the switch until it warms up a bit more. I can let you know when I have it out, just send me your e-mail address.

Originally posted by Dr. D
Geoff, weren't some of the check balls that were removed from valve body? Don't they need to be replaced?

Not on mine. Just the items that I mentioned above. :)