noise

Spoolin Hooligan

Off the wagon Boost Addict
Every time I push down on my brake pedal. I hear a groaning noise. and its not coming from the brakes themselves. Sounds like area of the master cylinder. Any ideas. My brakes work. But I also have my brake light come on ever time I use my them. I never heard of a master cylinder failing without the brakes failing to.

If the master cylinder is starting to go out, then you will start to get a soft pedal. Another sign would be that you pedal travels farther towards the floor that normal. Do you still have powermaster? The motor in the powermaster may be going bad. Now a defective wheel bearing will make a few noises... growling or rumbling noise.... Also makes a similar sound that is like an aggressive mud or snow design tire.

Provide a little more detail... When is it doing it? Does it do it only when cold? After driving for some distance? What about after a few WOT runs? What does your fluid look like? Any pulling to the left or right of the vehicle when you apply brakes? Does the rear brakes lock up before the fronts do?
\
Clint

CGASTON said:
If the master cylinder is starting to go out, then you will start to get a soft pedal. Another sign would be that you pedal travels farther towards the floor that normal. Do you still have powermaster? The motor in the powermaster may be going bad. Now a defective wheel bearing will make a few noises... growling or rumbling noise.... Also makes a similar sound that is like an aggressive mud or snow design tire.

Provide a little more detail... When is it doing it? Does it do it only when cold? After driving for some distance? What about after a few WOT runs? What does your fluid look like? Any pulling to the left or right of the vehicle when you apply brakes? Does the rear brakes lock up before the fronts do?
\
Clint

Does it all the time. No pulling of any kind. The pedal is soft. But I thought that's because my brakes needed changed. The fludid is full