noise at cam sensor

fritz

noise(sounds like a lifter tapping )at my cam sensor. Put a long screwdriver on the sensor & is definatly coming from there. Put in a new GM sensor with shaft...stil tapping. Good oil pressure 50-60 psi cold 15-20 hot idle

Any ideas?

Mine does this too

Does your problem get better after the car warms up? Mine sounds like a lifter almost, but I know it is the cam sensor. Mine basically goes completely away after warmup. I think it is shaft play in the sensor itself. Actually up and down shaft play. You said you had a NEW sensor do this as well? Dunno just an idea on what the problem is.

Jerry Berger

fritz said:
Any info??

Make sure that the Cam Sensor pickup is properly adjusted. Go to gnttype.org for the technical. Mine made the ticking noise and when I checked the sensor was not properly adjusted. Also, be prepared to replace it.

Mine does it also when cold, gone when warm. Sounds like reluctor wheel is hitting the plastic cap but it isn't.

sensor noise

sorry about the slow response. live in the buffalo ny area..no power for 3 days.

noise was at the old cam sensor, so thats why i replaced it. replaced with a new GM part, starts & runs fine so i think it is installed properly.

someone mentioned a shim, ???just a thinn spacer under the housing???
how thin??

Does not go away after warm up . tic , tic, tic..all the time