Noble Results

Noble videos

I have received my copy of both videos and I hope that some of you have received yours too.

I got the one from Kerry within a few days from ordering and Susun's came today.

Kerry's tape captured most of the races and you can hear the names of most of the racer's from the tower speakers in the background. Many good still shots of the cars in the pits and on the track. Think it is a little more than an hour long.

Susun's tape captured the spirit of the event with great attention to detail such as the driver's name are sub-titled on each race and all results are shown even if they had to be shown in a sub-title. All races were shown and were in order of occurance and many were shown from 2 different angles. This video is over 2 hours long and includes interviews with Jack Cotton and John Schmidt as well as many stills and moving pictures of actvities at the track. This tape was made by a professional group with a leader that has a great deal of history and passion for this event.

I sincerely want thank both Kerry and Susun for filming this event and making it available to us.

Stats for 2010 Noble event. Sorry but I can't get the darned thing to line up right when it posts.

Total 54 14 5 0 0

Make Buick Pontiac GMC Olds Saturn

Percentage 73.97% 19.18% 6.85% 0.00% 0.00%

Cars Raced 54 14 5 0 0

No opponent 4 7 0 2 1

Breakdowns 4 1 0 0 0

Total Team 62 22 5 2 1

Percentage 68.13% 24.18% 5.49% 2.20% 1.10%

We would like to see the event break the 100 race barrier.

Phil Engle

Bet on me being in the event for '11. Gonna have enough time to get the bugs worked out at the local track before I head east, and my brother in law that didn't qualify this last time will be faster as well. Gonna be a good time, as always.

I hope you can get your car running well and in the 10's.

The Shootout is only 9 months away so we all need to be getting our cars ready.

I think the Ford guys may bring a team this year. I hope so, we'll probably have the largest and fastest group of cars we've ever had and it would be good to have the event be competitive again.

Phil Engle

I hope you can get your car running well and in the 10's.

The Shootout is only 9 months away so we all need to be getting our cars ready.

I think the Ford guys may bring a team this year. I hope so, we'll probably have the largest and fastest group of cars we've ever had and it would be good to have the event be competitive again.

Phil Engle

10s is a lot faster than I am gunning for. My goal in 2011 is 11.99s, gotta start somewhere. After the pass that it broke, I think it's got easy mid 12s in it on low boost if I can keep from pushing through the beams :p

Our track is opening soon, gonna get old blacky up here and get it lined out, hopefully do Drag Week with it, and then head to Noble FOR SURE! :biggrin:

I am going to try to stir up some Ford guys and rattle their cages, they need to show up like they did a few years back so we can have a real shootout instead of a beating.

You've got some good parts so don't try to kid a kidder.:D

Pushing through the lights? :eek: What''s with that? Convertor too tight or brakes not holding? I had a friend of mine who bought my alleged 3200 stall convertor and he could push the car across a parking lot with the brakes locked up. Back brakes would give up the ghost and the front tires would not move. Tried everything in braking system but finally went to a higher stall AC NL. Hope you have a simpler solution.

I'm ready to head for the track.

You've got some good parts so don't try to kid a kidder.:D

Pushing through the lights? :eek: What''s with that? Convertor too tight or brakes not holding? I had a friend of mine who bought my alleged 3200 stall convertor and he could push the car across a parking lot with the brakes locked up. Back brakes would give up the ghost and the front tires would not move. Tried everything in braking system but finally went to a higher stall AC NL. Hope you have a simpler solution.

I'm ready to head for the track.

I have good heads and a good turbo, we will see if the shortblock will take it.

I had the wastegate set all the way open, so I was trying to spool it up at the beams but it wasn't making enough boost for me, so I got greedy and gave it a little more gas and slid it forward about 6", redlit, stayed on the brakes until I saw the light was red, then took off...LAGGGGY.

Fortunately this time around I'll be able to play around with my datalogger and get it to where I can turn it up enough to get the turbo to spool before the 60' mark has come and gone.

I have a 3k 9x11 converter in it, but I have my eyeball on a PTC if I can't get this to work for me.

I put in 80# injectors 2 weeks before the Shootout and hammered on the car the weekend before and finally just gave up on the TC I had. Emailed Dusty on Saturday the 9th, talked to him Sunday afternoon and finalized a purchase on Monday morning. $200 freight bill and custom built TC was on my doorstep about 9 on Thursday morning. Tracy installed it while I waited and I was still too sick to go to the track Friday night. Drug myself to the track Saturday and made a test pass on a wish and hope tune and ran 10.97 on 22#'s of boost; pushed through the lights and got a 1.54 60' and cut my ET by 4/10ths with the convertor change.

I cannot say enough good things about Dusty Bradford and the PTC convertor. I should have gone to a NL years ago. He is not a guy who is just out to sell you a TC. He had me do a few tests on mine a couple of years ago and then told me that it was doing what it was supposed to do and to keep driving it. I did and believe that I crunched it at a dyno pull last April. I tested it again before I called him and he said it wasn't doing its job this time.

Found a fluke when we were hammering the car trying to get it to launch. TPS was dropping when I launched and I thought that was the problem but moved the seat forward an inch or two and that problem went away. Had another guy at the Shootout with same problem and he moved his seat up and his 60' was much better and so was his ET. Thought about that when I saw the "laggy" comment when I reread your post.

The car is scary on the street with 24#'s of boost and DR's.:D

And I think about 3-4 MPH.

What I did lose was time from 40 to 100 MPH which is my tune test. Last spring, I had it down to 5 flat and a back up 4.99 and when I ran my 10.97, 40 to 100 took 5.4 seconds. Figured out why and will see if I am right when the track opens. The new TC completely changed the MPH and RPM I was used to seeing. Old convertor would shift out of 1st at 5200 RPM and 37 MPH, run up to 88 in 2nd at 6150 and then drop back to 5400 and pull. Slippage was pretty bad even locked up. New convertor pulls 6100+ in first and hits 50 MPH, 2nd is at 5750 but still 88 MPH and it dropped to 4750 when it shifted to 3rd. Bogged it down and cost me the extra time then. Slippage was nil at top of 2nd and below 5% in 3rd.

Consulted with Dusty and plan is to raise the boost and manually shift out of second at 61-6200. That should make a big difference.

Thanks for the feedback. It's hard to describe how this non lock works compared to the other converters without seeing it for yourself. We may even have to loosen yours a little to get it where it won't fall back as much on the gear change. We'll see what happens with the boost up a little higher.

Thanks for the feedback. It's hard to describe how this non lock works compared to the other converters without seeing it for yourself. We may even have to loosen yours a little to get it where it won't fall back as much on the gear change. We'll see what happens with the boost up a little higher.

Dusty: I plan to push the car at the track and then re-dyno it sometime in late April. It made nearly 600 RWHP with the old convertor with poor tuning and 24#'s of boost. Your convertor simply puts a lot more to the ground with lower boost and it will be interesting to see the difference on a dyno. I've got a few minor things to replace and then I'll attack the 40 to 100 MPH situation. Track doesn't open for several weeks but I should have the maintenance matters completed before then.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the follow-up.

I'll send you a couple of PL files and a copy of the dyno run. May give you some more insight.

Phil Engle