no yo yo guppy reverse fix

Open my old trans up[84 bq] and found that tag in there:confused:
1. Is this good/bad or what
2. Was there any drilling to install this?
3. what core to use 84 bq or 85 cq?

Open my old trans up[84 bq] and found that tag in there:confused:
1. Is this good/bad or what
2. Was there any drilling to install this?
3. what core to use 84 bq or 85 cq?

I would use the CQ for your combo.
No mods for the guppy. It just looks cool.;)

That plate is a "bandaid" fix for plates that are not flat. It puts tension on the support plate from the pan pressing down on it. I have never used one of those in my builds. I use the AXOD 5/16'' checkballs in all the "bathtub" positions and they energize faster when fluid is hot, than the stock 1/4 steel checkballs. It already has a hole in it for mounting. I would stick with the BQ and get a hardened sun shell if someone hasn't already put one in and go with the 694 servo.

my students and I just pulled the pans off 2 BQ transmissions... One of the transmissions has a real need cooler welded to the pan. That trans also has the guppy in it... What is it exactly doing? does it work? How can I tell what else was done to this transmission? We are going to rebuild one of the transmissions as a shop project, and I want to get all those parts listed above, where do I get them? Anyone know what to look for inside these things to tell if they have been altered any other way? I can post pix!!!!

John:biggrin:

Hey John, see my post above. The Guppy is not needed. You should be able to pic up the 5/16 AXOD checkballs from any trans supply shop or a rebuild shop. Kits come with new ones and the shops usually keep the old ones as spares if they are not damaged. :)

The trans is out of the car because of an engine swap... I have no idea on the condition of the trans, but I found the cool pan on it, and the reverse fix in there after popping off the pan... I was thinking about rebuilding it, but I found in a couple searches that said it may be part of a transgo shift kit... How would I be able to tell if there is a kit in this car without cracking open the valve body? Is there a way?? I dont think so, but just in case, I would love to know!!! lol

Here are a couple pix of the neat pan, and a couple of the trans...

John:D

Attachments

• September 09 end 030.jpg
    September 09 end 030.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 276
  • September 09 end 032.jpg
    September 09 end 032.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 274
  • September 09 end 021.jpg
    September 09 end 021.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 293
  • September 09 end 022.jpg
    September 09 end 022.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 287
  • September 09 end 023.jpg
    September 09 end 023.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 285
If I may step in here...

The "Guppy" thing is a joke. It does nothing. If you think you need that "band aid" then you have other issues that need to be addressed. What it "supposedly " does is help seal the l/r feed hole again, "supposedly".
If you have a leak there, find it and fix it properly.
2nd, The pan shown is of a "home made" design. Looks like someone took the time to make it nice tho. However, If you were to do an infered test on the heat under a car, you would discover that you are only flowing hot air through it, so in essence, it does no help at all. Just another place to leak.
The best setup here is a good quality pan with a rear sump pick up, and a high quality, correct size and design cooler. Even the pans in production for other transmissions, with these cooler tubes, are inefficient to say the least. Not meaning in any way to be negative, but we did some exclusive testing years ago, and these were the results. Just think about it. :)

Bruce
We4
Performance Transmission Services