No VSS signal?

WFO

Habitual Line-Stepper
Got my car running again after an extended down time...my digital dash is DOA:mad:,except for the amber colored boost light:rolleyes:is on all the time...

Scanmaster shows no MPH reading.

I have power to the little green buffer box behind the radio...the plug is connected to the side of the trans...what's the next step in troubleshooting this?:confused:

Everything worked fine before the car sat...

Gotta get this thing fixed so my TT chip works like it's supposed to...:cool:

Thanks,Sean

Boost light: Bad boost switch or shorted connection to it.

Dead dash: Common problem with cars sitting for long periods.

Are you setting any codes? If you are getting a wastegate code, your problem is likely a blown fuse. If only a VSS code, it could be the buffer or a disconnected speedometer cable. Once you get the dash repaired, check to see if you are showing MPH on it; if not, it's probably the buffer.

Only code is 24.

I checked all the fuses with a DVM but I'll check them again.Which fuse would cause this,I'll pull it out and clean the connections too.

So the VSS buffer gets it's signal from the speedo? I suppose it's possible that the speedo cable seized up in the housing from sitting also.

Is there any way to troubleshoot the VSS buffer?

Just in case anyone else comes across a similar issue...if your digital dash is dead...watch your odometer...if it's still working your cable is still good.

Must be the buffer?:confused:

Anyone got a part #? Is this thing a parts store part?

digital dash Part Number: S8030 analog dash Part Number: S8031 this is a BWD part number. Oreillys has them $56 on line