No TC lockup at full throttle

DCGN

I have a 3200 lu Vigilante TC and I am locking it with a switch. Went to the strip Friday night and couldn't get it to lock up at full throttle. I was trying to lock it at 80 mph but it would not lock. Tried it on the way home and it locked just fine. What could cause that? :confused:

Thanks,

Dan

What are you using for a lockup solenoid? You will need a 700-R4 solenoid to be sure its locking at high pressures. The one that comes in a 200 4-R is unreliable for WOT lockups. You will need some spacers to take up the extra space when installing the one from a 700 into a 200.

Bison,
Thanks for the reply. It will lock up if you floor it in 3rd gear and flip the switch at 75 mph or so. However, with a hard launch at the strip and trying to lock it at 80 mph it will not lock. I still have the stock 200 solenoid.

DCGN said:
Bison,
Thanks for the reply. It will lock up if you floor it in 3rd gear and flip the switch at 75 mph or so. However, with a hard launch at the strip and trying to lock it at 80 mph it will not lock. I still have the stock 200 solenoid.
Id switch the solenoid out for a 700 R-4 solenoid. Its much more reliable.

bison said:
Id switch the solenoid out for a 700 R-4 solenoid. Its much more reliable.
A good friend of mine has the same TC as I have and is experiencing the exact same problem. He is trying to lock it with the Extender chip set to lock up at 77 mph. So he purchased a shallow deep pan with the extended sump pickup along with the 700R4 solenoid from PTS. After installing these parts, he tried it today and it still will not lock up at WOT in 3rd gear. :(

Anyone else have a suggestion or thoughts on this problem?
Is this a common or known problem with the precision single disc TC?

DCGN said:
A good friend of mine has the same TC as I have and is experiencing the exact same problem. He is trying to lock it with the Extender chip set to lock up at 77 mph. So he purchased a shallow deep pan with the extended sump pickup along with the 700R4 solenoid from PTS. After installing these parts, he tried it today and it still will not lock up at WOT in 3rd gear. :(

Anyone else have a suggestion or thoughts on this problem?
Is this a common or known problem with the precision single disc TC?
I didnt realize it was a single disc. May not be able to lock it at WOT too many times before it will slip. Not really made to be locked up at WOT.

bison said:
I didnt realize it was a single disc. May not be able to lock it at WOT too many times before it will slip. Not really made to be locked up at WOT.
Bison,
Thanks for your help.
Dan

I had one in a Camaro and another in a Mustang... both single ... only locked them once and a while .. worked like crazy :cool: oh both were high 9 sec cars :eek: ... then I have had them in Buicks and they were doin what you are goin threw :eek: :mad:

bison said:

Yes - they say that the single disc is not made for WOT lockup. I had the same problem with a 9x11 and got a multi-disk (5) Vigilante. With the stock TC solenoid it locks VERY hard at the track.

Jim