no start

rag231

I have a wierd " no start" condition for my car. It cranked one day and drove for about 1 mile, shut down and wouldn't crank back up. I started the troubleshooting process and got to step 3 with the "ignition on" step and I moved the ignition module/coilpack assy and I saw sparks around the front 2 studs that secures the bracket to the lower intake. The single bolt at the rear of the bracket was still attached so I know that part was still grounded. So I jiggled it again just to make sure that is what I saw, and there were sparks again. When I touched the top of the coil pack, #1 and #4 coil was very very hot to the touch and the others were cool. By the way I did have injector pulse and I noticed that when I took the connecter off at the ignition module and tested pin C with the test light connected to 12 volts, it sounded as if a rlay was clicking also. That's when I decided to ask more experienced people in this. I am sure that it is the ignition/coil pack assy but I want to make sure that I don't have a biggerproblem. I would hate to buy a new ignition module and coil pack , fry it and have the blue or cream colored sticky stuff oozing out of it. Thanks for any input.

Guess I'll watch this thread also cause I'm having problems with my car running also. Can't get it to start sometimes then just cuts off...I'm hoping its not the Coil/Ignition.

Did you test the coil pack, it should read in the area of 11 - 15k ohms.

The parts stores can test the ignition module for you.