no start condition

ApullinV6

went out to take car to local drag strip Saturday night only to find out that my cat wouldn't start. just recently rebuilt engine and have been driving it around giving engine alittle bit of a brake in before taking it down the strip. drove car to church about 2 weeks ago and car ran and cranked fine.

problem, turned key and everything was normal-- fuel pump, lights, all normal, but as soon as I turned key, heard a click and everything went dead. after a few seconds you could turn key back on and repeat process. charged battery and car still wouldn't crank, went out this morning and car cranked, tonight car repeated same problem. what's weird is how you loose all power, dome light won't even come on once you turn key to start engine and you hear that click??

Loose or bad battery connection. May also have a bad connection on the starter. Got to be one of the two.

loose connection at starter, nut was completely gone. funny thing is my 6 yr old son found the nut in our driveway and had it in his pocket. nut back on and tight, car cranking fine now

loose connection at starter, nut was completely gone. funny thing is my 6 yr old son found the nut in our driveway and had it in his pocket. nut back on and tight, car cranking fine now

Take that kid out for some ice cream!
That is like finding a needle in a haystack! ;)

Im 90% sure your battery has a bad cell. Take it to autozone and have them test it. Been there a few times.