No power with ignition off

big_buick

student of speed
I've been dealing with electrical problems for a while now there was some horrible stereo & fog light wiring when i got the car. The main one is when the car is off the interior lights do not go on also the dash odo. and stereo resets itself like the battery was disconected, Im also worried the computer might be reseting each time (would this burn it out or just make it "relearn" each time?)
I don't now if there used to be an alarm or what but can someone give me a direction to start looking.

Check out the electrical diagrams on gnttype.org. There is a section full of them as well as codes to determine if your car has an alarm.

The ECM reset shouldn't burn it out. It will have to relearn the parameters however so let it learn and get in closed loop before you take it out and mash the pedal.

I "think" the dome light, radio memory, and cig lighter are all on the same wire. Don't know about ecm though. Mine was caused by a simple blown fuse but yours might be in the stereo wiring if it's been hacked.

bob

Check the fusesw marked "CTSY" and "CLK/LTR"

One of those two are the culprit

Jim