NO overdrive w/ new trans

Steve86TA

I have a new trans and converter I just put in tha TA,the problem is it shifts ok until it gets to OD.It wont shift into OD.I tried adjusting the cable in and out.I also unplugged the switch and nothing.Any suggestions?
Also when I manually shift into 2nd and 3rd it bogs and feels like no power. :mad:
Any help?
Thanks

in order to not have a 3/4 shift if all is assembled correctly means governor oil is not able to open the 3/4 shift valve against tv upshift oil and the pre calibrated spring pressure.more than likely the 3/4 shift valve is stuck closed,very common on new rebuilds.heres how to find out if the 4th cluth and the overdrive planet can funtion.put the car on a lift in the d position @40 mph with tv disconnected.apply compressed air into 4th pressure port on the rear of the transmission case.does it shift?if it does it is a valve body problem.

Thanks.Hopefully that will work and narrow down the problem.
Maybe a dumb question,but will fluid come spewing out when I take the plug out?

A touch

Steve86TA said:
Thanks.Hopefully that will work and narrow down the problem.
Maybe a dumb question,but will fluid come spewing out when I take the plug out?

Very little will leak out, but yes, some will. Just enough for a rag to pick up.
Hope this helps.
Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com

So if fluid comes flowing out (like it did)before I even got the car up to 15 mph or so,there must be something else wrong somewhere?This is getting very annoying :mad:
So what would it take to put a th350 in LOL. I have a few good ones