No oil in New motor after 450 miles HELP!!!!!!!!

Sounds like your oil went out the turbo. I too would be a little leery on the engine builder. You might have got lucky not hurting the engine but I'd deifinitely cut the filter apart and have a look. I'd even get an oil sample done. It only costs about $15. and can tell you alot.

Where do you get oil samples done?

Around here all the truck dealers like Freightliner, Cummins,...carry the sample kits and they can get it done for you or send you to the place that actually does the test. The last one I had done had the address right on the box where to drop it off.

I just blew my turbo exhaust seal last week--for no real apparent reason (like beating on it),,,and, you can't imagine the smoke out the exhaust--even at idle after I pulled off road. I had pulled over right away (after all smoke out exhaust), within 2-3 blocks, shut it down & determined it was likely the turbo--not rings n other stuff...

Checked oil, smoked it 22 miles home, used 1/2 qt oil for trip, & was lucky I did not get pulled over by P-O-L-I-C-E for excessive pollution:eek: It would not come up into boost either...

Pulled inlet pipe, compressor wheel free tho, removed oil feed line, replaced inlet/ MAF, started up (idle=20 sec or so) & no more excessive smoke... Pulled turbo, returned to Limit Engrg--still under warranty--who the hell knows what happens to these things. Of course, turbo seized (not too surprisingly) in approx 20 sec I tested it w/ oil line disconnected--but I proved it was coming from turbo...

Believe me, if that much oil was coming from within the engine/ combustion chamber--a plug (or plugs) would certainly have fouled-out...

Sorry = long-winded...back under my rock now...:frown:

New motor in 2 weeks ago
no smoke no oil, 50 miles on her put the power to her:biggrin:
third oil change in 200 miles just my way of doing things
That's BS on the smoke/oil sh$t

started mine up just recently from a full rebuilt, let it run for about 20mins shut her down for a cool down, looked for leaks and such started it back up and made a few 15psi passes on the freeways until my turbo outlet pipe blew off LOL, came back changed oil, no smoking here even at startup, i mean non at all period, I also call bs on the oil thingy, if motor is build right rings should seat within the 1st 20 miles of driving if you put some pressure in to them. I think your having a low of blow by. do a leak down test and a compression check then tell us what you find out. :)

On the trailer, and back to the builder. Make him diagnose the problem. If it's the turbo, then he's clear. If it's the engine, it's on him, and time for him to make it right.
You continue to "test" it, and it ends up running over the crank, U R SCREWED!

On the trailer, and back to the builder. Make him diagnose the problem. If it's the turbo, then he's clear. If it's the engine, it's on him, and time for him to make it right.
You continue to "test" it, and it ends up running over the crank, U R SCREWED!

Exactly!!!

Did you use a bathtub intake gasket?

Did you use main studs?

Not using a bathtub gasket can let oil get sucked up the PCV.

The dipstick can rub the main stud and show good oil level when the level is low. Check both sides of the dipstick.