no muffler exhaust?

dragonational

That Guy
Well since i have been told numerous times that running a no muffler exhaust is a bad idea i want to see what the general concesus is on this. I want to run a single 3" no muffler exhaust. Does anyone think that it will hurt the car? I think that if anything it will help the car as far as performance and things like that. Its not stock anymore and i have a 3" mease downpipe. Well i am doing this tommorow so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. Harry

My 2 cents.

I think the car will be noisy and irratating. If u like the noise factor then just buy a Borla muffler. The car will still be loud but wont sound like its sick.

loud is fine i actually like loud cars. Would this help the turbo spool also? I would think that it would being that it is a straight (kinda) shot with no muffler i would think it would help. But if it wont hurt the car then i am going to go with it.

Its gonna be loud an will drone but if that is what youwant go for it.. I have had 3" duals no muffler an same with mufflers also had ATR 3" singleshot with muffler .. Now I have 4" Single "see link in signature"with muff an lets just say its pretty loud. But thats what I like.. Basically no muffler will not hurt your performance an it will be loud.. Go for it!!! :)

i ran mine with a open downpipe. nothing like the sound of the turbo spooling :biggrin:

will u still have the cat converter?....i ran pipes to the rear with no mufflers but stayed with the cat...was pretty quiet...now with a cat by-pass,it's louder...but still great since the pipes are in the rear...

We have allot of buicks around were we live and the first thing people do is crawl up under their buicks with a saws-all and chop it in front of the cat. I personally don't think they are that loud. Get a fender dump :biggrin:

I have ran an open 3" single shot straight off the 3" DP for over a year. It dumps at the rear axle. Compared to my 461 Big Block Camaro with open headers it's quiet as a mouse. It does drone like a SOB though! It won't hurt anything, may help. Give it a try....

Well i did it. Its three inches all the way no cat no crazyness. It does drone some but so does my truck. I like it and holy crap dose it spool faster. I have to say its the best 100 dollars i have spent on the car this far. Harry