No it's not SuperCharged, But I need some help???

1BADT

TurboHolic
My 1999 Pontiac Bonneville SE has a problem. While cruising at 30 mph or at Highway speeds, 55-65, my car feels like it is bucking or cutting out. Not super bad but evry few seconds it will do this. What could be causing it? The car only has 44K on it, so I wouldnt think that it would need a tune-up already, or would it? Could something else be causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated, THANKS...

When was the last time the fuel filter was changed? Check for clogged filter restricting flow. Also, I'd probably check the fuel pump wiring (or at least, the parts of it you can find) to see if maybe a chafed wire could be causing a momentary short due to vibrations at highway speeds. The fuel pump wiring runs under the trunk mat and lays on top of the metal trunk pan.

Hope this helps!
Morgan
'87 GN (11.1s @ 120)
'99 GS (14.20 @ 98.1)
'67 GS California (beautiful original for sale)
'96 Buick Roadmaster LT1 Collector's Edition with a few mods (aka my stealth Impala SS)

Check the connection at, and the wiring to the crank sensor to make sure they are free of moisture and/or cuts. 3800 II N/A engines also have a sealing problem of the plastic upper intake plenum at the throttle body and the lower part around the coolant passages and egr passage. However, if you have some kind of leak, chances are your idle will be affected and dex-cool residue will be present too. Check your factory platinum plugs and make sure the platinum tips have not been blown off the center or ground electrode. Is the check engine light on or flashing? An engine miss or stumble should at the very least trigger a P0300 random cylinder misfire code. If you have no check engine light, I would look other places like transmission TCC operation.

I doubt it would be a fuel pump wire or filter because you would experience a severe lack of power at wide open throttle. Perhaps you have bad gas in the tank? If nothing else works, try a different gas station and different grade of gasoline.