no heat shield or hood pad?

jpal

the guy I bought the car from said he drove it that way for years,but he never really drove it more than 15 miles or so in a trip.im looking to take much longer drives and was wondering if the heat from the turbo will damage the paint on the hood?if so,what would be the best route to go,turbo shield,turbo blanket,or hood pad.im not really concerned about looks at this point,just want to be able to drive the car.

You really want the turbo shield or blanket to reduce under hood temps. I would not run without a hood insulator either you can probably find a cheap one on eBay for under $70. The good hood pads are expensive. The PTP turbo blanket looks good and will drastically reduce your under hood temps. The shields are just a big heat sink that will radiate the heat but they are better than nothing. The blanket (good ones) keep the heat in the turbo. Don’t buy a cheap one.
HTH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have many GN's w/o a hood pad and never seen it affect the hood paint.

Since it does get rather hot here, we remove the rubber seal below the windshield to keep the underhood temps down since ambient air can flow over the engine when the car is moving which drastically lower the temp.