no go for stanton

YNOVATE

I got the GN blues
hey twins and nocooler,

looks like I'm not going to be able to make it to stanton september 12th. I took my car back to where I had the new turbo put on so that it could be fixed and they diagnosed my other noises too......I've got a moderate piston knock and a descent amount of blow-by going on right now. I listened in myself....its not good. So with my money flow not too great at the moment since I just paid for tuition this semester....I'm going to tearing down the engine myself.....again:rolleyes:

but on the plus side....I'll be able to upgrade a few parts during the process:cool:

so I just wanted to thank the two of you for your offers to help me out, but it looks like I'm out of commission 'till next spring.

-Brad-

p.s. I'll keep you guys posted on how the rebuild is going....I'll probably have some questions along the way.....especially when I start to pick what upgrades to put into the engine.

Dude that sucks.......

Did you have it bored :confused: If so take it some place else this time.

Good luck and let us know.

Jeremy

no, I've never had it bored. obviously the guy who did my crank didn't inspect anything else when he had the engine apart. I'm going to tear down the engine my self and hopefully the cylinder walls are ok. if not i'll ask if you have any suggestions on who to bring it to.

looks like I won't be able to tear it down untill the spring--i've got no place to work on it

i'll keep ya posted
-brad

That sucks

I feel your pain...mine has been down for 2 weeks and I'm so sick of it I can't bring myself to do any work. I think the MAF is bad but the last code it brought up (before leaving me stranded in the rain) was temp sensor circut failure. I'm gonna pick-up a MAF from my parts 85 and try that 1st. It's the wonderfull start stall thing that I love so much:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sometimes I just hate this friggin car!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Good luck let me know if you need any local help.

Christian