No Exhaust

87T-Type

Is it true that with these turbo cars that we can delete the exhaust system all together? If so what is the pros and cons? I am going to be dropping in a new engine shortly and wanted to know if i could just keep the exhaust out of the picture. All replies welcome, Thanks

you mean nothing past the down pipe? try a search there was a thread not long ago about running with the dump open all the time... ( I think it was this board)

It would drive me nuts...but if the noise doesn't bother you...or the fact that you could get a ticket....try it......I don't see what it would hurt....other than some very hot exhaust gas under the car

I drove mine with just the downpipe to the muffler shop , and it drove me nuts!

I drove my 84 around for a while just open downpipe and loved it but I like it the louder the better, I thought it sounded pretty good, very loud thought, turbo spoolins alot more. just my opinion on......

at the track yes the turbo satisfies NHRA as a muffler , some tracks still want tailpipes to exit at stock location for street nights but so far i havent seen any turbo guys get bothered by track personnel for open dumps , fenderdumps or no exhaust

for street its annoying in the car and you could be ticketed for having no exhaust and then for no cat when they look since you will mostlikely get pulled over for atracting attention to yourself

Downpipe, who needs a downpipe!?
BOTLFED3.jpg

Buddy of mine ran his GN for quite a while like this, upper a-arm probably didn't approve:D You can barely see the chrome dump pipe behind the shield;)

if your cruising around town it would be better with exhaust at the track uncapped yes its ok

I only have a downpipe on my car, it drones bad but spools FAST. That and the turbo whistles constantly and screams when in boost. One downside though is it scare's about every fast car I run into on the street away.

I did it for one night till i got my mufflers and a center section from another Magna member it was cool for like 2 seconds on a 10 minute ride it drove me nuts so my test pipe is capped unless it goes to the track

SAY.... That looks suspiciously like Ed's car. :D

Downpipe, who needs a downpipe!?
BOTLFED3.jpg

Buddy of mine ran his GN for quite a while like this, upper a-arm probably didn't approve:D You can barely see the chrome dump pipe behind the shield;)

I had considered deleting the catback but bought an electric cutout instead which I'm extremely glad I chose that route. I have the the stock catback which is totally whisper quiet but I can make the car airplane loud if I want in a few seconds. There is a huge difference in spool up and performance between the dump open and closed as well.

I think Johnny Law lets bikers off easy because they've been brainwashed with "loud pipes save bikers lives".

Run 3inch exhaust from the down pipe all the way out (or as far as you want)and don't use any mufflers.