NO dash lights or courtesy lights...HELP???

2toneNV

I haven't been able to figure why my dash lights and courtesy lights DO NOT work. The headlights, taillights and blinkers work, but no other lights. Although the blinkers are verrrry slow. I've looked at the fuses, but I am clueless when it comes to electrical and need some guidance.
What are you guys' thoughts?

Grounds and shorts....corrosion is the enemy at all grounds. Check the body grounds at the inner fender by the battery first, then the trunk wiring and engine-to-firewall also. Some of the lights' wiring is exposed as it feeds through the core support, Check for wire insulation chafing/cuts there.

It's always something simple, just be patient in finding it. :)

HTH - Jimmy

One of the most common shorts in these cars is the indicator light for the shifter. The constant shifting and moving of the wire under the console will break it and have it come in contact with metal. Twice so far in 23 years for my car. I would check that first.

Steve, I appreciate the info, but the car is a column shift car (Limited T)
One of the most common shorts in these cars is the indicator light for the shifter. The constant shifting and moving of the wire under the console will break it and have it come in contact with metal. Twice so far in 23 years for my car. I would check that first.

First check all fuses.

The dimmer in the headlight switch can go bad and also cause this condition.

HTH

Cig/clk fuse. Replace it and see if it blows. If it does, lucky you! There's a a ton of places it could be. Most commonly it is usually blown when people plug stuff in the cig lighter. On my car I am lucky if I can plug something in 1 of 3 times without blowing a fuse. Another weird place I've seen was the vanity mirror. It was not the wiring, it was the contact in the visor. Took a while to figure that one out. I found it by chance, taking trim off to see if I pinched a wire during a cage install.

Cig/clk fuse. Replace it and see if it blows. If it does, lucky you! There's a a ton of places it could be. Most commonly it is usually blown when people plug stuff in the cig lighter. On my car I am lucky if I can plug something in 1 of 3 times without blowing a fuse. Another weird place I've seen was the vanity mirror. It was not the wiring, it was the contact in the visor. Took a while to figure that one out. I found it by chance, taking trim off to see if I pinched a wire during a cage install.

John, I have the blown fuse problem with 2tone, but everytime I accidentally put something in the cig lighter the fuse blows and the lights, radio, etc. stop working. The radio in the car is the ONLY thing that works!?!