No Converter Lock-up.

HighMileage

Albany,NY
I moved this topic over here from the transmission section because it is now looking electrical.

Key in run position,engine off..

To run thru the process: There is no 12V at the ALDL-F.

I have no idea what "pin A" is on the trans connector. I'm guessing it is the purple or tan. I unplugged the connector and got nothing at either. The inside of that plug is super-clean.

Now the brake switch... That pk/blk you mention is on that switch that is above the brake light switch,higher up the pedal. It's the switch with the large vacuum line going to it. Now...I *thought* that was the Cruise Control switch. However,the pk/blk mentioned goes to that. I have 12V there.

I removed the switch and checked continuity of that switch. It was intermittent with switch depressed. (plunger in) Beeping wasn't solid on my ohm-meter.

I took the switch apart. That grease in there created sort of a varnish in the contacts. Cleaned with elect cleaner,sanded connections,retested. Beeping is solid now.

Switch is back in. I ran out of time on my short schedule of free time.

No idea what/where C100 pin H6 is.

I know I desperately need an FSM (no Chiltons,Haynes,etc)for this car. Looking.

More tomorrow.

Steve. '87 GN,t-tops. Mostly stock. Waiting for Powerlogger. All probs have to be worked out before mods for speed begin.