No Brake Pedal???

CanMove

Well i have owned my GN for 13 years...

This year when i started her up and went for a ride i noticed the brake light on...

I also noticed my pedal goes almost to the floor???

I did do a search but came up with nothing...

What should i do? Take to a break shop or is there anything that i can check to figure it out??

She has always been garage kept and just turned 25K original...

The car is like new??? HELP??

Thanks Richard

Well these cars have a powermaster on them that is very tempermental and very expensive is your light blinking or is it on solid? Im not sure about it goin to the floor usually pm probs the pedal gets hard... theres other on the board that are more knowledgeable about it than myself...When mine went bad the motor/pump was leaking,causing the third chambber in my resorvoir to empty out parts were too expensive and hard to find so i converted mine to hydroboost..I dunno with you car having 25k if you wanna keep it original...You may also want to check your rear wheels and see if you see fluid on the tires on the backside a typical problem with all g bodys is the backing plates will go bad and allow the wheel cylinder to turn,which will cause pistons to pop out of them and you will loose your rear brakes your light will come on and you will have front brakes only once your pedal is like two inches from the floor...HTH P.S. WHATEVER YOU DO DONT TAKE YOUR CAR TO A SHOP UNLESS THEY ARE THOROUGHLY FARMILLIAR WITH GNS PREFERRABLY RECOMMENDED FROM A WELL KNOWN MEMBER HERE!!! OR ELSE YOULL SPEND WAAAAAY TO MUCH $$$ FOR MEDIOCRE RESULTS!!! ESPECIALLY YOUR CAR WITH LOW MILES ITS A PRIME TARGET FOR THIEVES!!!

turbo87gn forgot to mention: a shop unfamiliar with GNs most likely will leave you with NO brakes.

I tried vacuum conversion & had issues.:mad: Many GN owners, not all, have mentioned having no issues.

I am pleased with hydroboost & 84 & 85 had hydroboost. I kinda consider HB to be original. HB is currently used on new vehicles, mostly diesel trucks, making any repairs easy & somewhat inexpensive - I haven't needed to repair mine since I installed it.

I also tried a lifetime warranty powermaster, however, PMs are getting hard to come by. I waited 2 months for my local parts store to replace my PM on warranty. I paid $199 years ago & they are now listing for $700+.

The PowerMaster likes to be used. If it sits, it will die. Sounds like yours is gone. The pedal going to the floor is a sure sign. The light coming on is the system pressure switch telling you that it can't maintain pressure because it has completely blown the internal seals.

This is just a guess from your post, but most likely the cause.

Well these cars have a powermaster on them that is very tempermental and very expensive is your light blinking or is it on solid? Im not sure about it goin to the floor usually pm probs the pedal gets hard... theres other on the board that are more knowledgeable about it than myself...When mine went bad the motor/pump was leaking,causing the third chambber in my resorvoir to empty out parts were too expensive and hard to find so i converted mine to hydroboost..I dunno with you car having 25k if you wanna keep it original...You may also want to check your rear wheels and see if you see fluid on the tires on the backside a typical problem with all g bodys is the backing plates will go bad and allow the wheel cylinder to turn,which will cause pistons to pop out of them and you will loose your rear brakes your light will come on and you will have front brakes only once your pedal is like two inches from the floor...HTH P.S. WHATEVER YOU DO DONT TAKE YOUR CAR TO A SHOP UNLESS THEY ARE THOROUGHLY FARMILLIAR WITH GNS PREFERRABLY RECOMMENDED FROM A WELL KNOWN MEMBER HERE!!! OR ELSE YOULL SPEND WAAAAAY TO MUCH $$$ FOR MEDIOCRE RESULTS!!! ESPECIALLY YOUR CAR WITH LOW MILES ITS A PRIME TARGET FOR THIEVES!!!

The light is solid when its on. after i pump pedal it goes away...

The PowerMaster likes to be used. If it sits, it will die. Sounds like yours is gone. The pedal going to the floor is a sure sign. The light coming on is the system pressure switch telling you that it can't maintain pressure because it has completely blown the internal seals.

This is just a guess from your post, but most likely the cause.

the light does stay off after its running and i pump brake...
i hope its an easy fix.....
gonna take it to my local brake shop....

who is there in Michigan that i can trust to fix my brakes???

Thanks Richard

well my new accumilator ball is in the garage next to the GN.. $165 OUCH!!!!

How do you change these out??

What actually do they do for the brake system??

It says its filled with nitrogen or some **** sorry if im not exactly correct but it said its filled with something,
what for??....
HEAVEY TOO!!!

well my new accumilator ball is in the garage next to the GN.. $165 OUCH!!!!

How do you change these out??

What actually do they do for the brake system??

It says its filled with nitrogen or some **** sorry if im not exactly correct but it said its filled with something,
what for??....
HEAVEY TOO!!!

Just depressurize the system by pumping the brake pedal with the key off, it takes 10-15 pumps, you can tell cause the pedal will get hard.

Just unscrew the old one and screw on the new one, turn on the key to run the pump and pressurize the system, you may need to bleed the brakes if air gets into the system.

The accumulator ball is just a hydraulic system accumulator, high pressure nitrogen on one side of a bladder and your brake fluid on the other. Think of the bladder tanks on a house water well system or a hydraulic system accumulator on a log splitter or aircraft hydraulic system. It basically serves as a pressure surge cushion and pressure reservoir to hold pressure on the system until the pump runs which is controlled by the pressure switch on the the top of the unit. This is why you need to pump the pressure down with the key off.

Kirbans used to sell a book on troubleshooting the powermaster unit.

All fixed

The new Accumiltor Ball fixed my brake light coming on problem..
Thank You

well i got the solid red light again and the hard pedal...
so i ordered another acc ball... that was a waste of $200 because that did not fix it this time...
now what??

Time to face the music. Time for a vacuum conversation or hydroboost. Power disasters not worth fixing unless you got a guardian angle and a money tree.

I converted my car to the 84-85 hydroboost for $260. Once you roll up to a stop sign and you have no brakes you won't hesitate to rip out the power master

Yup thats a fact. Failure with no warning is the trade Mark of the power disaster. Happened to me three times. The last time the pm was junked for a vacuum setup. Cost less than a hundred bux. No brainah.

well i got the solid red light again and the hard pedal...
so i ordered another acc ball... that was a waste of $200 because that did not fix it this time...
now what??
Time to run the diagnostics procedure and determine the problem....that is if you plan on keeping the P/M

Time to run the diagnostics procedure and determine the problem....that is if you plan on keeping the P/M
Can u post a link to the diagnostic? Really needed fixed by tomorrow. Telecraph cruise... Dont look like thats going to happen. Anyone know of a good shop in Michigan for conversion of brakes?