No Brake Lights

LS2Truck

Just got the car back from having some paint work done and I had my wife following me on the way home. So she tells me some of the lights on the Regal are out and come to find out I have no brake lights (3rd light is fine) and I've got no turn signal on the rear pass. side. Bulbs look good, running lights work. Any help would be appreciated.

Turn signal switch can be a problem too, it usually manifests itself when the tilt wheel is down.

Remove the lower plastic piece over the fuse box drivers side.

Then remove the lower A/C "floor vent".

Look on the upper part of the steering column just below the tilt part and look for a multi-pin harmonica style connector. The connector is on the passenger side of the steering column too.

First wire is a white one on the top part of it, this should be the brake light wire out past the hazard switch assy.

C104B is the connector pin P.

There white wire coming out of the brake switch goes there.

If you get power on that wire with the brakes pushed ON then it's probably at that connector.

Easiest fix is to cut the white wire on both sides and solder them together with insulation such as tape or heat shrink tubing.

Sometimes wiggling and moving them so they are not stressed/pulled taut will fix it also.

And the third brake light has it's own part of the brake switch and separate wiring so that's why it works.

I had the same issue with a car back from paint. Check the bulbs closely. Turned out that mine had single and double filament bulbs in random spots. Apparently when the car was shot they removed the bulbs and since they all look the same, just stuck them anywhere...

Once I made them all match, everything worked.