No boost

My car is making 0 boost. I have a rjc boost controller. What should I check for? Was making boost before I parked the car for the winter.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My car is making 0 boost. I have a rjc boost controller. What should I check for? Was making boost before I parked the car for the winter.

is the wastegate closed ? or stuck open ?

Have you checked the line to your boost gauge? Can you spin the turbo impeller by hand?

Got mice? Maybe they chewed through your line to the boost gauge??

The car is making 0 boost. Its a pig. Gauge line is good. I will pull my granger valve off and make sure ball is clear.

Check the turbo make sure the wheel spins.

Check the waste gate make sure its sealing shut.

Check for a major exhaust or post turbo leak. Check all the cooler couplings.

If it's not boosting at all, you will find one of the above problems.

Good luck!

Rick

Thanks rick. Ya going to check the puck. I used a gasket this time on my dp and think its keeping the puck from sealing.

Just my 2 cents, but i had similar issue,but i was only getting 5 to 9 psi, although i checked my waste gate and opened up my DP all looked good but still i had low boost, then for some crazy reason i started yanking On the rod for the wastegate in back and fourth motions, about 6 or 7 times,while it was still connected, and that fixed my issue, never had the problem since, i think something very tiny was holding the puck open, not sure though, most important part is that it fixed my problem......
Give the rod a few yanks back and fourth, its kinda tight but im sure ur a strong dude :)

87 grand national
60 psi mototron injectors
V 5.7 tt chip
Accufab fuel pressure regulator
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Scanmaster

Thanks warlord, I removed the rod and moved the puck back and forth several times. I will pull the dp this weekend and remove the gasket and make sure everything looks right.

No probs, plz give us feed back on your findings

87 grand national
V 5.7 tt chip
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Scanmaster

Ok so over the weekend I pulled the dp off and there was some rtv holding the gate open. I cleaned it up and made sure the puck moves freely. I also took my granger valve apart and its all good. Car still isn't making any boost. Couplings after the turbo are all good (no leaks). I just dont get it. What else should I look at?

Take off the air inlet to the turbo and try to spin the impeller wheel. It should spin freely.

Also do like i said.......with everything connected, grab the wastegate arm and pull back and fourth a few times, like i said its a little hard to pull.....
Reason why i tell u to do this is it actually worked for me,before i did it i opened up my DP, (which had no gasket/sealeant) and saw that it moved freely, with no obstruction and sealed properly, 1 week later i gave it a few tugs on the arm and that brought my car back to life

87 grand national
V 5.7 tt chip
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Scanmaster

When you drive the car and try to build boost can you hear any strange noises?? My turbo went out last summer and I could immediately hear something wasn't right...It wouldn't build a single lb of boost...If the puck is moving freely and you have eliminated the boost controller as the problem i'm betting the turbo is toast!! If so contact Bison

Warlord I tried that once. I will give it another shot after I take off the intake pipe and check the impeller. I didn't hear any strange noises while I was trying to build boost. I will give these things a shot on Wednesday

Ok so I got a chance to look at my GN, I found that I left a rag stuffed in my intake pipe before my maf sensor. I guess I cant build boost if the turbo isn't getting any air. I feel like an ass but at least its running good now. Thanks guys

Last edited: