NO AC IN TEXAS..... PLZ HELP :(

thenasty6

i dont know what happened but my ac was working fine, then i sent my motor off to get some work done to it and put in a stock motor in the mean time. well ever since i put in the stock motor i cant get my compressor to kick on.
checked fuses, did a voltage check and the only thing i see is that the green and black wires that go to the bottom of the compressor isn't getting any power to the compressor any ideas?
any help would be appreciated... Texas weather is pretty bad without ac.....

Texas is the wrong place to have the ac go out. :p

Did you try jumping the high pressure switch?

There are two plugs on the compressor. Are both plugged in? The one right behind the clutch can be reversed (wrong polarity). You can try flipping that as well.

Good luck bro!

RL

check your fuses i had a 5 amper out. possible you are low on charge?

TurboBuRick said:
Texas is the wrong place to have the ac go out. :p

Did you try jumping the high pressure switch?

There are two plugs on the compressor. Are both plugged in? The one right behind the clutch can be reversed (wrong polarity). You can try flipping that as well.

Good luck bro!

RL

I jumped high pressure no luck...
I'll try reversing the plug, but I don't know if it will work cause I tested the line with a volt meter and no power showed to be coming through. :(

Joeld said:
check your fuses i had a 5 amper out. possible you are low on charge?

Fuses checked out.
And I thought the same thing, and tried to add more, no luck. I just don't understand why I can't get any power through the pulg on the bottom of the compressor.

search there arw good threads on how the circut works the ecm plays into it also. i was not getting power and in the end was the fuse forget which one but was 5 amp again searxh as the cirxut is not intuitive.
there has much good info posted on this subject then you can just chase through the logix sorry wish i had handy but i don't
joel

i dont know what happened but my ac was working fine, then i sent my motor off to get some work done to it and put in a stock motor in the mean time. well ever since i put in the stock motor i cant get my compressor to kick on.
checked fuses, did a voltage check and the only thing i see is that the green and black wires that go to the bottom of the compressor isn't getting any power to the compressor any ideas?
any help would be appreciated... Texas weather is pretty bad without ac.....

Check for a pinched .brookin or grounded wire. !!!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

On my car the green wire from the low pressure switch on the Accumulator to the compressor was broken somewhere. I learned this from calling CharlieF1 a couple years ago. Spliced in a new wire and all was good. Thanks again Charlie!

GNRick said:
On my car the green wire from the low pressure switch on the Accumulator to the compressor was broken somewhere. I learned this from calling CharlieF1 a couple years ago. Spliced in a new wire and all was good. Thanks again Charlie!

Ok ill go check this now. Thanks

Also I noticed that not the blower motor Isnt coming on when put on high. Don't know if this helps or not.

Also I noticed that not the blower motor Isnt coming on when put on high. Don't know if this helps or not.

This is likely the relay for it is bad. The lower speeds run through the resistor pack from the dash switch. While high speed activates the relay. Located under the hood usually on the A/C box.

Power to the relay is from a fusible link off the starter, it could have failed.

RemoveBeforeFlight

You're north of me about 40 miles. Do you want to bring it down and I'll help you with it.;) PM me if you're interested, and it's not that hot.:p I only use AC at night while I'm sleeping.:D

charlief1 said:
You're north of me about 40 miles. Do you want to bring it down and I'll help you with it.;) PM me if you're interested, and it's not that hot.:p I only use AC at night while I'm sleeping.:D

Thanx! And I would but I finally figured it out!!
It was the ground to the relay... The "blue wire with yellow strip" I just cut it and made a new ground to the relay and the compressor kicked on!
Now it just need to be fully charged

I am having a similar problem - the compressor does not get power.

The clutch engages when 12v is applied directly, the ECM is requesting AC per TurboLink and the engine idle speed changes when AC is selected.
Clutch does not engage when low pressure switch harness is jumped, harness showing 10.3 volts.

Both AC fuses are good.

On the AC relay harness I get 11.65V from terminal A, 0V from terminal B and C and 10.4v on terminal D.

I cant seem to get voltage at the connector on the compressor - any ideas?

Thanks - Mark

I am having a similar problem - the compressor does not get power.
Mine is acting different when I jump the low pressure switch the paper clip is getting red hot and the compressor wire is unplugged and it even gets hot , has anyone found a short in theirs like that and what did you do to fix it ? Plus I am getting hot from no AC . Any suggestions ?

I just put 12v to terminal B on the AC relay harness and the AC clutch kicks on - maybe it is the relay itself - any way to test it?