no ac/clutch not engaging/blows hot

turbojoe

86 GREY T-TYPE
I cannont get the ac to turn on and the clutch on compressor to engage. Is there some sort of fuse or fusible link that may have blown? The ac has not worked in years, but the recent weather in MASS has warranted trying to fix it. Any Ideas as to where to start looking? Thanks, JOE

Where is that switch ? I have the same problem. How do I jump it? Can you post the pic of the switch. Thx

Low pressure switch is on the accumulator. By pass it and see if the compresoor turns on.

A short piece of wire with a male spade connector on each end works great for this experiment.

Ok, If I jump the connector located at accumulator and the clutch turns on or engages at compressor, then what does this tell me? Does it mean I am just low on r-12 or that the switch on accumulator is bad? . I am assuming it would also mean that my compressor/clutch is ok? Thanks, JOE

Low pressure switch is on the accumulator. By pass it and see if the compresoor turns on.

Is this compresoor different from a regular compressor, Charlie? Is this a replacement or what? Please help with the uneducated here...me.:rolleyes::tongue:

Maybe he should check the accumulatoor also?:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

2nd that. Either low or out of freon or the low press switch is bad.Jump out the switch by the accumulator to see if the compressor kicks on but dont let it run for too long since the freon is what lubricates the compressor.

Is this compresoor different from a regular compressor, Charlie? Is this a replacement or what? Please help with the uneducated here...me.:rolleyes::tongue:

Maybe he should check the accumulatoor also?:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

:rolleyes::tongue: So I caint speel Bruucey.:biggrin:

Aw....dang eet to heil.....as they sey in that oold commercikal...."Sori,
Charlie. Only the beast toona is yoused in Stairkiss toona":tongue:

Oyil maan, you now eet, biddy! Gled eets blewoing kolkd....Tek kair, biidy.

Broooosie '87 Gram Nakinal

Aw....dang eet to heil.....as they sey in that oold commercikal...."Sori,
Charlie. Only the beast toona is yoused in Stairkiss toona":tongue:

Oyil maan, you now eet, biddy! Gled eets blewoing kolkd....Tek kair, biidy.

Broooosie '87 Gram Nakinal

LMAO! Even like the new name Bruce.:biggrin: Let's stop hijacking his thread though. Maybe we should start a bad speeling thread in the lounge and see who jumps in.:eek::biggrin:

thanks guys for all the tips and laughs, you guys are great! :D I will post back after conducting that test. Hopefully it is just a low charge.