Nitto NT01 315/30-R18's are on!

I ordered the spohn pro touring bar. Ill post up some pics and a review when I get it. Hopefully it'll be on the car in about a week.

That's a nice bar too from what I've heard. That should work nice with your set up. Can't wait to see it installed.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The NT01 is a good tire. Hope the 315's work for ya. I'm on a 275 40 17 NT01 and I can light them up if I want to, but it generally hooks pretty well if I heat them up first. Be careful if its really cold out, they'll be slippery until you get some heat in them.

UPDATE!

So I decided after a little research that since I'm looking for handling and I wont be drag racing this car that it would be a good idea for the rear tires to articulate independently. After looking through the bars available I decided on the Spohn bar as its marketed as a "grand touring" type bar and not a drag bar. After researching the stiffness of the bar itself it is not as stiff as the H&R bar.

The bar came packed really well and the directions were clear. Most of the bar was pre-assembled which was nice as you didn't have to guess as to how it went together. One thing that the dirrections didnt mention however was that the clamps will crush the rear brake lines if you don't take the time to unclip them from the axel and move them outside the clamp. When you first put the axel clamps on it seems as if they will not crush the lines but they will.

Overall I'm happy with the kit and being Canadian Spohn's web site is very easy to order through if your outside the continental USA. On to the pics:

Nice. Word of caution though. Once the weight of the car is on the suspension the bar is gonna hit the rearend cover. You will most likely need to readjust the bar. Plus you may want the axle clamps Alittle wider apart. Check out an fbody rear bar. If u had a bigger swaybar with a higher rate the clamps might work there. Just don't weld anything till u drive the car and feel out the differences.

Good points thanks for the advice. Nothing is going to get welded until the body's back on so that I can adjust everything properly.....

Readjusted the links out..... that's why I like this place, miss obvious stuff.... then fix it!

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1379725791.173232.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1379725800.837683.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1379725811.006001.jpg

Here are a few pics before I readjusted my swaybar. Hard to tell but it was hitting the cover.

This setup is pretty close to the exact setup I would like to run, except I plan on saving some money and just running corvette front brakes and a custom rear setup. Those rims look better than I had thought also, I ended up going with the xxr 521's with spacers because I was unsure how the 526's would look just seeing front view pictures with no tires. They are pretty light weight and look great and you can't beat the price. Also, this may be a stupid question, but how is everyone lifting the body off the car and supporting it while it's off the car? Is there a thread on this? I would like to pull my car apart and go through everything but am afraid of crumpling quarters or something stupid since I don't have a rotisserie or anything like that

Thanks for the comments. The wheels are xxr 526's which are copies of work vsxx's. I cannot afford the work version as they are about $1000 per wheel, maybe if I come into some money.....
As far as the offset They are not supposed to fit on this car as they are made for a Toyota supra, so I would like to keep that info to myself (sorry). However after a lot of modification they fit. ;) Her are some pics of the wheels, they have 4 inches of lip from memory. Ill post photos of them on the frame when my lug nuts arrive, I don't have any "tuner" style nuts and that's what these wheels require.

come on now one is going to copy you using import wheels with re drill and washers and spacers and deep notch:D...no one is that rich...now tell us.lol

Right now I am waiting on parts to keep going on the car. I ended up doing my own mini-tub and I got the body back on the frame. I haven't adjusted the coilovers yet but the body fits great over the wheels. Here's some pics:

Also, this may be a stupid question, but how is everyone lifting the body off the car and supporting it while it's off the car? Is there a thread on this? I would like to pull my car apart and go through everything but am afraid of crumpling quarters or something stupid since I don't have a rotisserie or anything like that

If you dont have access to a lift you have to be very careful. There are a lot of threads out there with different methods. I went and bought a cheap rotisserie for 1200$, it was worth it just for the safety factor of getting under the body to sand-blast and take care of rust.

come on now one is going to copy you using import wheels with re drill and washers and spacers and deep notch:D...no one is that rich...now tell us.lol
Washers? come on give me some credit :eek:

I was wondering what happened to this build and I'm glad I found it today. Keep it up, can't wait to see the results.

I haven't really been updating this thread since its the "wheel and tire" section but I have been continuing along with the car build. The body is on and the wheels and tires worked out great. Im thinking of starting a thread in the restoration section..... Since these pics I have been working on re-skinning the roof, going sunroof to hardtop and I have also been working on a 10 point cage. Ill throw up some pics.....