Nitto 555R or MT ET Street Radials?

My car avoids rain like the plague, this was an unfortunate time that I got caught on my way home. Believe me, I know better!

I believe Falcon Azenis tires are the best all around tire out there. They arent considered drag radials but they do have a soft compound and hook at the track. For us guys that like to corner, they are excpetional. They have excellent all around street manners. Drives great in the rain.

I also have a set of MT ET Streets as well as Nitto 555r's. The MTs hook the best out of all of them but these are mounted on 15" rims and are 275/60's. The Nitto's are on 17" rims with 275's out back, and the Azenis' are mounted on 18" rims with 315's out back.

Why are you driving racing tires in the rain? DOT legal does not mean safe...bald is bald. Same reason you shouldn't use true street tires at the track; unless you race a Civic or something.

I'll drive 100mph in the rain with my summer tires. I'll also drive over 100mph in the quarter with my MT's.

So when/if I find myself in a street race situation, I don't end up sideways in a ditch. This is not a daily driver.

my car is mostly stock and still with 235 radial ta in the back i can keep it from going sidewayse im getting street ets but then again i only sunday drive and drive it to work which is 2 block on base from my house im going with 275 50 15 on my 15x9 center line and 205 60 14 on my center line fronts

The original question was "what works in the rain". Not what a non daily driver needs.
Any one tried the "new" bfg drag radials? Ive been trying to figure out what to run on my,car for a while mt's are out cause im not waiting at work for the roads to dry before I drive home.

Like some others have said Nittos are good in the rain. Have had them for about 10,000 and they are just now not hooking up as well.

In the rain and out of boost they are good.