nice tta

that link shows all the TTA's on ebay and most if not all of them have been on there for a long time
wish I could get that kinda money out of mine

ya i dont under stand why the tta's dont bring the money the gn's do.i think this one will be on ebay for a long time but one would think a low milage tta would bring more money then a GN being they only made 1555 tta in 89.i think the window sticker on my tta was for 42k new.

ya i dont under stand why the tta's dont bring the money the gn's do.i think this one will be on ebay for a long time but one would think a low milage tta would bring more money then a GN being they only made 1555 tta in 89.i think the window sticker on my tta was for 42k new.

I find that most 3rd gen enthusiasts don't like them that much, especially now when they can build a turbo setup for their L98's for a fraction of the price, and most Buick guys would rather roll in a Buick. TTA's are awesome, but I just can't see them reaching the SLP Firehawk level in terms of 3rd gen enthusiasts fighting to own one just yet. In the perfect world, my garage would house both a TTA hardtop w/cloth, and one of these bad boys... :)

Pontiac people hate them because they were the quickest trans-am ever produced from the factory and it had a Buick engine in it. Buick people really don't like it because it is a Pontiac.

Pontiac people hate them because they were the quickest trans-am ever produced from the factory and it had a Buick engine in it.

Nah, they just hate them because it sports a Buick engine. The '92 Firehawk was the fastest off the showroom floor...

i have had both and i miss how the tta handled but like the ride of the gn much better.i also owned a 88 gta at one time and it did not even come close to the tta performance.i now have a gn and a 99 30th trans am and still would choose the gn over the newer ta.

And just how did you come to the conclusion that the firehawk is the quickest pontiac ever produced from the factory. That just depends on who you ask or where you get your information from.

And just how did you come to the conclusion that the firehawk is the quickest pontiac ever produced from the factory. That just depends on who you ask or where you get your information from...

Please tell me you are joking. How does any vehicle data get released to the public for that matter. The '92 Pontiac Firehawk w/T-Ram was tested by plenty of credible sources upon its' release back during the early 90's to the tune of 13.2 seconds in the 1/4 mile, with one source being able to click off a 12.9 second pass. 366 cubic inch aluminum block, forged crank, forged pink rods, four bolt mains, steel billet roller camshaft, SLP supension package, Dana 44 rear, and over 100 more horsepower than the TTA came with from the factory, it is undoubtedly the greatest and fastest 3rd gen ever to be released from the factory, period...

Please tell me you are joking. How does any vehicle data get released to the public for that matter. The '92 Pontiac Firehawk w/T-Ram was tested by plenty of credible sources upon its' release back during the early 90's to the tune of 13.2 seconds in the 1/4 mile, with one source being able to click off a 12.9 second pass. 366 cubic inch aluminum block, forged crank, forged pink rods, four bolt mains, steel billet roller camshaft, SLP supension package, Dana 44 rear, and over 100 more horsepower than the TTA came with from the factory, it is undoubtedly the greatest and fastest 3rd gen ever to be released from the factory, period...

Compare that to a stock TTA running stock 28-lb injectors. To equal the amount of horsepower that the V8 Firehawk was making (375 Horsepower), the LC2 V6 would need to run close to 40-lb injectors at 80% Duty Cycle, which it simply cannot do running only 28-lb stockers. How was the stock TTA faster than the Firehawk...?

You seem to want to turn this into an arguement so I will play along. What I am saying is most cars are test by several different sources all in turn returning different results. Mostly due to different drivers, different track conditions, and more importantly who had been tweeking on said car during test. I remember in the day seeing some sources on the TTA with quarter mile numbers in the 13.3 range. Not to bad for a car with 231 six cylinder with iron block and heads, cast crank and rods, two bolt mains, flat tappet cam, WS6 supension, borg warner 9 bolt rear and last but not least over 100 less horsepower. So you tell me what was undoubtedly the greatest 3rd gen ever produced. Maybe it was faster, I have no way of knowing without two side by side.

The SLP Firehawk might have been a little faster, but the TTA definitely is a lot better looking!

I raced a Firehawk back in 93 or so on the street. I had a hole in the stock DP, a K&N filter. Stock chip. Adj boost actuator. Running 20psi, and beat him by 1/2 a car...

I have done a little reading on the SLP Firehawk. From what I read there were only 3 cars built with the 366 rodec engine. Was one of these cars used for track numbers? If this is correct how could this be considered a production car. Found this under 92firehawk.com.

Michael

I have done a little reading on the SLP Firehawk. From what I read there were only 3 cars built with the 366 rodec engine. Was one of these cars used for track numbers? If this is correct how could this be considered a production car. Found this under 92firehawk.com.

Michael

Yes, those are the rarest of the rare. There is a member over on thirdgen that has one, so for us it is common to talk about and use for comparisons. We used to street race out by Toms River, and the SLP guys were there every now and then hanging out and bullshitting with us, and we would always pick their brain. The Firehawks, the regular Firehawks, not the all out race one's, were not launched hard by those who were testing them. They were all babied off the line, and were guaranteed to run a 12 second pass with under a 2.00 sixty foot. This does not surprise me one bit, because even the L98 GTA's would click off a solid 13 second pass with a good launch. The race versions were too rare for anyone to get their hands on at the time, but still the greatest production car the factory ever released. Had Pontiac released their twin turbo and Firefox concepts it would have been an entirely different story, though...

I raced a Firehawk back in 93 or so on the street. I had a hole in the stock DP, a K&N filter. Stock chip. Adj boost actuator. Running 20psi, and beat him by 1/2 a car...

How did you increase fuel in the lookup tables w/the stock chip at wide open throttle back then...?

How did you increase fuel in the lookup tables w/the stock chip at wide open throttle back then...?

You cought me, it wasn't as stock as I made it sound, I did have a piggy back cartech reg that was t-d into the boost line. It raised pressure to 60psi @ WOT. So I still used the stock fuel reg, but the cartech increased fuel. Back then, I didn't even know of any Buick vendors like Kenne Bell. So I went an unusual direction I guess..

motor1995.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong but how could 3 cars be considered a production car and for that matter they did not have a Pontiac engine either. When you talk about cars that were built in such small quantities it makes me remember the factory drag cars that were produced like the Hemi Darts and Cudas, Ford Thunderbolts, Pontiac 421 super duty catalinas. And even those had production of more than three cars. I just do not consider these to be production cars. The Firehawk was quick but lets be honest we are not comparing apples to apples. As far as hard launches do you think you could put a TTA on 8 psi at the line and launch it with the tires it came with? Lets be honest no matter what I say or anyone else you and other people will consider the Firehawk to be the greatest third gen ever produced. I along with others prefer the TTA. So lets just say we both agree to disagree. Both the TTA and Firehawk are special cars.

You can disagree all you'd like, the FACT is that the bone stock TTA's did not have enough fueling and stall to provide for the same amount of horsepower and launch that the Firehawk came with, nor was it programmed in the stock PROM to increase fuel for more boost over the stock setting during wot/Alpha-N. The Firehawk WAS the fastest Pontiac released up until that point in time, period. How fast do you think bone stock and untouched TTA's really were? Those three cars were not concept cars, they were produced and sold. Incidently, the Callaway Corvette Sledgehammer was a production car, and as far as I know they only made just one of them because nobody wanted to cough up $400,000 dollars for another one. We can sit here and ponder why SLP only made three, but nobody cared for them back then, that is why. They care now though, especially collectors, that's for sure..

One day, decades from now, people will also sit down and contemplate why nobody was "that" informed about the SLP Firehawk G8 package for 2009, and why they didn't make more than 500 of them as a way to say farewell to the Pontiac brand. Who knows, but one thing is for certain though, those three SLP Firehawk Formula's were production cars, and a bone stock TTA was not the fastest Pontiac F-Body made at that point in time, the Firehawk was. Ninety percent of the people found out about this car below way after the fact, and most people still don't know that it even exists. Same deal for the three Firehawk's back in the early 90's, a time when the Internet wasn't even a reality yet, and magazines were the only way to get the word out...