Nice Stage II for sale

Bump for a nice car.

I saw that the other day while drooling over other racing junk.

Thanks for the reply Drew. This car brought back some cool memories.

I thought it was the same. Patrick Rubio and I took this car out with Ron Jr. one night after racing it in Hattiesburg. It was a blast. I remembered Lawernce Conley had done all the work at that time. It ran 10.30's at the time in a VERY mild tune. They always seemed to run it in a very conservative fashion. Only give it what it needed for the win.

Did you buy it from Wayne Eddie? He was the one who bought it from the Williams when they decided to switch to a Bennet Mustang. This car was one of the fastest in Hub City when the car was there.

People, if anyone is looking for a Stg II car, this is a nice one. You can not build one like this for this kind of money.

Ken, thanks so much for the kind words. The car is still an absolute blast, goes nice and straight and still has a very conservative tune in the car. Car is run with an AFR between 11.2-11.5 all the time with very conservative timing. The car did come from Wayne Eddie. and you are correct on the cost to build. I have conservatively $80,000 worth of reciepts for this car. Thanks again, Drew
Thanks for the reply Drew. This car brought back some cool memories.

I thought it was the same. Patrick Rubio and I took this car out with Ron Jr. one night after racing it in Hattiesburg. It was a blast. I remembered Lawernce Conley had done all the work at that time. It ran 10.30's at the time in a VERY mild tune. They always seemed to run it in a very conservative fashion. Only give it what it needed for the win.

Did you buy it from Wayne Eddie? He was the one who bought it from the Williams when they decided to switch to a Bennet Mustang. This car was one of the fastest in Hub City when the car was there.

People, if anyone is looking for a Stg II car, this is a nice one. You can not build one like this for this kind of money.

from trying to sell my old stage car and watching two friends sell theirs it seems that if I lowered the price from $30K to 25K I would have sold it ten times over. Is your experience or offers telling you the same thing? I only halfheartedly put it out there for sale with a price tag of $30K and got alot of talkers, but no buyers. When I was serious about selling it I put it on Ebay with a buy it now of $30,000. I ended up making a cash deal for 28,500 and had the most action then. I had offer after offer of 25k to sell it. As much as the guys here talk about what it would cost to build one the cold hard facts are it does not matter, as I found out. You are looking for that one guy with money to blow. You have been trying to sell this car actively for awhile now. If you lowered the price 5,000 do you think it would sell and wouldn't that money in the bank this past year have felt better than holding out over a year for that extra 5?

I have been exactly where you are now, so I'm not trying to say the car isn't worth your asking price or that you will never get it. Just trying to throw out another perspective. For some reason 25K seems to be the benchmark for stage II cars. What sickens me is when I see hacked out StageII cars go for $25K, but nice cars having a hard time commanding more. That tells me it is a mindset for the buyers and not a value for dollar issue. Good luck with your sale.

Greg Kring
ex stage II owner
2002 BG quick 16 winner

Greg, no harm here. That is why it say Or best offer. $25K would buy my car. However, I listed it once before for $25K and got offers in the 20-23K range and that won't do it. It will sit and rot in my garage for less than 25. Thanks again for your advice and you are correct. So there you fellows go, $25,000 was the offer I was looking for. Thanks, Drew

from trying to sell my old stage car and watching two friends sell theirs it seems that if I lowered the price from $30K to 25K I would have sold it ten times over. Is your experience or offers telling you the same thing? I only halfheartedly put it out there for sale with a price tag of $30K and got alot of talkers, but no buyers. When I was serious about selling it I put it on Ebay with a buy it now of $30,000. I ended up making a cash deal for 28,500 and had the most action then. I had offer after offer of 25k to sell it. As much as the guys here talk about what it would cost to build one the cold hard facts are it does not matter, as I found out. You are looking for that one guy with money to blow. You have been trying to sell this car actively for awhile now. If you lowered the price 5,000 do you think it would sell and wouldn't that money in the bank this past year have felt better than holding out over a year for that extra 5?

I have been exactly where you are now, so I'm not trying to say the car isn't worth your asking price or that you will never get it. Just trying to throw out another perspective. For some reason 25K seems to be the benchmark for stage II cars. What sickens me is when I see hacked out StageII cars go for $25K, but nice cars having a hard time commanding more. That tells me it is a mindset for the buyers and not a value for dollar issue. Good luck with your sale.

Greg Kring
ex stage II owner
2002 BG quick 16 winner