NGK ur5 or ur6

Domestic plugs have a lower number to designate a colder plug. Foreign plugs have a higher number to designate a colder plug. Keep in mind that whatever the catalog's number is for a TR plug, that plug is already a step colder than it's non turbo counterpart. Different plugs seem to respond differently than others in terms of ability to pull heat out. An AC plug thats 2 steps colder, will give me more KR than a stock heat range (4) Autolite double platinum plug. There are alot of people using NGK plugs who use a number 2 steps lower, thinking they're 2 steps colder, and wonder why they have to pull so much timing out or run so much fuel to keep KR at bay. They're actually running a really hot plug. I never did like NGK's on any car I had, just like champions, which me and my friends used to call foulmasters.
On my cobra, I was making 600hp with 12psi on a motor with 10:1 compression on 91 pump gas, no alky. And this was with stock heat range, autolite double platinums. Theres something about those autolites that seem to keep knock at bay. Denso iridiums are miracle workers on all forced induction engines. Theres an iridium plug with a .7mm tip, and one with a .4mm tip. There are some people who claim to have had problems with TR's and those plugs, but if adding iridiums caused misfires, then there was something else wrong with that ignition system. The iridium plugs make ignition systems so much more efficient its ridiculous. There are countless people who have gained 50+ hp after switching on forced induction engines...people who had no obvious misfiring or spark blowout, but obviously did. Kenny Duttweiler gained 750hp after switching to iridiums on a turbo'd 1800hp engine. he had the best ignition components on the planet and couldnt cure this blowout issue he was having. he switched over and all the missing hp came back. If you want to get a good plug, get the .4mm tip iridiums. Only problem is that they're 10 bucks a pop, but so what.

The UR6 is the colder plug. I run lots of street miles on the NGK TR6 which is the same heat range just with a longer reach for aluminum GN1 heads. No ill effects and no fouling. HTH, Scott

Vader, what is the part number for the TR's if we were to use the iridiums sp
for us on the .4mm. I would like to give them a try

Ron

PN for the .04 tip Denzo IT-22 I think would be 2 colder than stock. With any foreign plug, the higher
the number, the colder. With domestic plugs, the lower the colder. I think IT-20
is stock turbo buick, IT-21, if they make such a thing, would be 1 step colder, (they dont make this one)
IT-22, 2 steps. Keep in mind that stock replacement turbo buick plugs are
already a step colder than a non forced engine. The "4" at the end of the number
is 1 below "5", which is the number for the normal aspirated ones.

Just got off of the phone with denso tech and the part number they gave me was ITF20, also I had them cross to the autolites 23's and they came up with the same number, but the ITF22's are one step colder, so just not sure which ones to use at this point cause of the cost I do not want to end up buying two sets, that is a lot of dinero, so I'm asking if anyone has tried these at 21-23 lbs and which ones are you using.

Ron

The only ones I found online at Sparkplugs.com was the ITF-20 they didnt stock the 22 I have the rts23's in my car now but I think if I get the Denzos Im going with the IYF20 as the race gas seems to foul out the 23's pretty fast.

I dont have the $80 to pop for plugs right now as I just ordered the rest of the stuff I need to put my Maf T pro in today :(

I just hope the T-Pro is worth the close to $1000 I spent to get everything includeing the 4" maf pipe and Angle boss :eek:

I'm using alky so I'm wondering if the stock plug might be better than a colder one, I'm thinking that since I believe alky, ie: meth is harder to light off than 91 octane, please correct me if I'm wrong on this, yes race gas is hard on plugs plus a pain too fill all the time out of a barrel, hence the alky.

Ron

I have alky to but Like the race gas/Alky combo less Knock and more power baby!

Went 11.45 last night and got booted for not having my Harness's in (Im off to the garge right now to install them :)

Just ordered 6 thru Autozone here in town, 12.99 a pop, went with the ITF20's, we will see, the only thing at this time is what to gap them at, anyone 0have a starting point??, I will be running 21-23 lbs with alky

Ron

Another question about these plugs is the waste spark set up of our ignition
system, will it have an effect or not on how well they will work on our cars, I guess I will find out when I install them, or if anyone else knows please chime in with your experiences.

Ron

I think since these are supposed to fire easier than the stock plugs I start at like 30 and try a little more gap later on :)

I run my ac's at 30 with no issues, that I know of, and 25-27lbs w/ alky!

I got mine yesterday P/N ITF-20 All I can say is be very very carfull gapping these things the 2nd one I did I snapped the Tip off! OOOOCH! I just ordered 2 more (most exspensive plug change ever!) Anyway with only 5 in the car the throttel responce is way better! Car runs smoother even!

Seems to have more power to!

For $100 seat of the pants says theres more power in there!

If there worth 1/10 in the Qt. Id say there worth it!

Just got mine today from Autozone, they had to order them in, they ordered
in eight when I needed only six and gave the extra two for free, the tip on them is very very fine so I can see how easy it would be to ruin one, I think
I will go with about a .027 gap, any thoughts on this gap out there??

Ron