Next Step ??

Buick Beginner

Where is my $$$ going?
Gentlemen,
Well I feel pretty comfortable with my car after months of tuning and learning all I can, so now I'm ready for the next step. But what's it gonna be, I'd love some inputs from the experts. As you can see on my signature my injectors are only slightly bigger than stock, should I go with bigger injectors? I can get a PS intercooler for $150.00, (used but only about 1500 miles). Moreover I've got a guy up north trying to sell me a Alky injector setup. I don't want to sacrifice any drivability, but I'd like to go just a bit faster, (and then I'll stop, I promise). Ideas? Thanks - BB:p

Okay, seems to me that it should run into the low 12s as it is...with traction, of course. :)

The next logical step to me is either alky injection or a TE44/TA49. I would not spend money on an intercooler at this time. And, nothing wrong with the larger turbo and alky....just remember that the larger turbo should have larger injectors.

If your turbo is in good shape, I'd suggest the Alky. If the turbo is going to need replaced in the near future anyway, get the turbo first.....then the Alky (just a lil faster)....then the MSD 50's(just a lil faster).....then the stretch intercooler(just a lil faster).....then the slicks(just a lil more traction).....and trans-brake(to hold a lil more boost at the line).

:D

Ed

Personally, I would port the turbo elbow, loose the flowmasters, do the intercooler neck and work on traction (maybe a large rear swaybar). It doesn't sound like you have much interest in going to the track, so the alcohol system seems like a sound investment.