Newly installed powerlogger now tps issues

LSTTYPE

just installed a powerlogger and I was running through my scanmaster settings when I noticed my tps was off (.38 key on). Adjusted it to .42 then checked wot volts and could only get 3.9-.4.1 volts. Always could go to 5+ volts before and had it at 4.57 respectively. Tried the tps off my tta and same thing. Also I put my tps sensor from my ttype and put it on the tta and it was fine so its not a bad tps sensor. What the heck could change to where I cant get more than 3.9-4.1 volts wot? Only change made was I installed a powerlogger and 6.1 chip. Thanks in advance

Sounds like the +5 voltage reference dropped a bit. What is the tps reading with the engine running at idle?

I had to adjust mine after I installed a power logger but I had also installed a power plate and some other things at the same time. I struggled to get it set right at first. I thought I might have to drill out the slots a little more but once I loosened both of them and pulled the sensor as far forward as I could get it I was able to get .44 at idle and 4.8 at WOT. I didn't want to get it way out at first so I wasn't loosening the both screws enough.
Have you tried loosening up both of the bolts holding the TPS and pulling the sensor as far forward as possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
yes I tried adjusting it all the way. Its very strange. all Ive done is installed the powerlogger and suporting hardware. Before I had 4.5+ now 3.9

the Powerlogger can't affect the data, it just reads it from the ECM. But, with the TPS, make sure your TV cable is not too tight, slide the sensor as far forward as it will go and tilt the 'front' end up or down to adjust the idle reading.

the Powerlogger can't affect the data, it just reads it from the ECM. But, with the TPS, make sure your TV cable is not too tight, slide the sensor as far forward as it will go and tilt the 'front' end up or down to adjust the idle reading.
Yes I've tried that and my tv cable was not disturbed when I installed the data logger. It simply won't go above 3.9-4.1 volts. Tried a Tps sensor off of my tta and same thing. Could it not be reading right or something?

well, you can uninstall the PL and see if it changes. I'd really be surprised if it does, but surely let me know.

Bob

I just hour of something. I did change ECMs during the swap as I sent a spare out to have modified for different drivers for my 120lb injectors. Could it be the ECM?

You can check the voltage going into the TPS. It should be getting 5 volts. Shows as grey wire pin A on the TPS sensor.

8b8a36a66e46cf7f984eda3da9590798.jpg

Uhhhh guys I found the problem. Im so freakin embarrassed. Hose clamp on the throttle body was in the way! Sorry to waste everyones time