Newly installed CK shift kit results

PaulRV6

Just wanted to inform all that I have now driven the car after the kit was installed. I posted the pressures after adding the kit and they were improved from the previous kit. But the drveability is not that impressive. Keep in mind this is around town driving with a few heavy take offs from a dead stop. The 1-2 shifts are very mild even with my foot into it. I would have liked it to be a little more aggressive so I don't feel like I am driving my family sedan.
I have yet to try it at WOT to see if it makes any difference but at this time I have mixed feelings bout this kit. I wish I could be more excited about it.
I will post more on this at a later time..

paul

If the kit didnt improve the driveability and firmness of the transmission after installation and proper cable adjustment, its time to go in the transmission and take a look.It is unfortunate it didnt do what it has done 2500 times plus elsewhere in other transmissions.I constantly refine the kit to keep it the best out there.No one else is offering the CORRECT custom seperator plate and .555 boost valve in kit form @ a good deal.I take offense to criticism made with poor structural integrity.However you have the right to voice your opinion as you have.

I have installed a few of his kits on fresh transmissions and 50k+ mile transmissions and they all have shown improvements. Very fast shifts and more aggressive with throttle opening. Not a single customer of mine is unhappy with the kit. :)

My comment was not to bash anyone, especially not from me. I was just comparing the difference between the Art Carr kit and the new CK kit. I respect all vendors and the work they put into these cars. I was hoping maybe someone would comment on something I did wrong? I did install both springs on both accumulators and my engine is not a high hp build, could this have something to do with it? The 1-2 accumulator housing had an orifice installed from the Art Carr kit but I drilled that larger.
The trans was rebuilt with very few miles on it and the trans worked great but it had the old AC kit installed. But I wanted to try CK kit to help get
2-3/3-4 shifts firmer. The 1-2 shift was alittle too harsh but felt very positive.
I don't think it is something internal since it worked great last year. I didn't change the TV adjustment from what it was before since I left it connected to the TB. My understanding is that it will adjust itself when I go WOT correct? It slides accross the detents when the throttle is fully open. Is this correct?
It shifts at the correct RPM but just not that firm like before? It feels like the shifts are somewhat soft and not from a performance vehicle. Please offer any suggestions you may have.
Chris, my comments are not to hurt, only to get feedback from others on suggestions or recommendations. Thanks

paul

Any time you mess with the trans to that level always check the TV cable.

Push in half moon tab and push cable towards bracket and relaease tab, then go WOT (do it with your hand at TB) cable should click/ratchet out. Then do it again to double check as sometimes the cable may click a lil too much.

The TV/Cruise/Throttle cable bracket should flex a lil at WOT when adjusted properly. Only go a 1 or 2clicks out from this setting. Its very sensitive so 2 clicks is about it.

CK Shift Kit...

I was a skeptic...at first! I installed one of CKs kits in a customer's car in Jax, Florida. The kit was complete with everything needed, including instructions, the customer could have installed. Anyway, the customer was complaining of slight 1-2 flare and soft shifts under hard throttle, there was a very noticeable change after installation. I did not check fluid pressures, but the kit addressed all the customer's concerns and provided almost normal shifts under normal:cool: acceleration, and very nice, firm shifts under WOT. I was very impressed and the customer was very happy.

Ok, so the shifts at normal driving/acceleration should be smooth but at WOT are the shifts much more aggressive? I have not been able to try any WOT runs.
Did you install the double springs in both the accumulators? I am wondering about that and if it makes a difference.
I will check the TV tonight. Thanks

paul

Definitely check the TV cable.
What servo are you using?

The Art Carr kit wasn't a bad kit, so I don't think you'll see a huge difference between the AC and CK kit.

Chris and I have our differences of opinion but his 200 kit is as good as there is available on the market in one box.

Jakeshoe, I am using the stock GN servo. I can you that the 1-2 shift is a whole lot softer than before. What about the double springs in each of the accumulators? I am still using the Art Carr pressure regulator valve (with the milled flats on one of the lands) instead of the stock valve.

Thanks, paul

The Art Carr shift kit removes the 2nd clutch feed ballcheck restriction in the circuit.

hello; I want to add a comment and see what comments cum back. I was interested in a shift kit and was told adding one to an older trans would be a waste and it would add to its end. But adding one to a fairly fresh trans. would be worth it .
IBBY

Thanks Chris, can you tell me what this means?

"removes the 2nd clutch feed ballcheck restriction in the circuit"

Thanks, paul

PS. Just trying to get a better understanding of this.

Thanks Chris, can you tell me what this means?

"removes the 2nd clutch feed ballcheck restriction in the circuit"

Thanks, paul

PS. Just trying to get a better understanding of this.

As long as you drilled it out to 1/4 and installed the check ball you are good.

I agree CK kit is very good.

My gn had a freashly rebuilt 2004r with many billit parts and ck servo ,it also had a old art car shift kit ,i was fed up with the 1 2 bang shift and the funny 2 3 shift ,sooooo i decided to install a CK SHIFT KIT ....WELL i am just back from a 15 mile road test and i am very pleased with the results the 1 2 and 2 3 shifts have a slight knock feel at slight throttle upshifts and down shifts at right speeds and no big knock I put a pressure guage on trans all good, full TV 280 COLD...no i did not try wot shifts as i did not have time and place to do this

If CRIS or any one else is looking at this email ,i installed the double accumulator springs on both acc , i assume the shifts would have been harder if i would have blocked the accumulators with the cup plugs supplied

That is what I would like to know. Do you get firmer shifts with using the double springs in both accumulators or less firmness with the double springs? Mine shifts quite soft with both springs used.
paul

If you have the stock d5 convertor and you installed the double springs you should have a good firm shift ,did you notice the length of your TV plunger spring,,,do you have about 5 or 6 notchs sticking out of tv cable adjustment if not put cable like that and road test