Welcome aboard. Im kind of new myself. I bought my 87 GN about 10 months ago. These cars are awsome and the h.p. potential is incredible. Good luck with your new purchase. You will find that board members are very friendly & helpful. Their knowledge and vast experience with Turbo Buicks will help you with your GN.

The TT website walks you throught the entire process. You just have to have a little background on your GN. Like what turbo, injectors, covertor etc.? I take it you will probably want to run a street93/94chip, for regular pump gas. You can always turn up the boost from their. The street chip will give you 16-17 psi. With a adjustable wastegate you can turn up the boost providing your raise your octaine.

What is done to your car? Or is it original?

Its original except the previous owner replaced the fuel pump with 255 pump and the hot wire kit.

Welcome!

A lot to read here and gnttype.org....Get busy ;)

Learn to tune and maintain what you have now before you get modification happy. You need a good baseline of knowledge before you start slapping modifications on there ;)

Do a search for the 'best bang for the buck'....That will give you something to think abut. :)

Welcome.

Do take some time and read. Then take some time and wrench...:cool:
The key is to take your time.

Good Luck...

WELCOME!

1st, please purch/install a Scanmaster so you know which way to turn the wrenches--after your turbo 6 info base reading/installments.

I have had my GN for one year.
The engine had a spun bearing.
The engine was rebuilt by J.D Brooks in Cat Spring TX.
Modifications in the past year are, TE 63 turbo, 60 lb. injectors, 3200 Art Carr converter, dual fans, Precision FMI with 3"pipes, external fuel pump, adj. regulator, fuel pressure gauge, Scanmaster, Direct Scan, TRW forged pistons, turned stock crank, stock trans. and rear end, KB 70mm TB, 3" stainless downpipe, RJC boost controller w/power plate, Snow alcohol system, new cam not sure what size, Caspers knock gauge. Nitto 50's. The car was painted black cherry when I got it. Looks real good.
TX. Lic. Plate BBBBAD.
I love it.
I currently am running 21 lbs. boost with no knock.
I have learned so much just by reading this web site.
This is my first post.
All seems well with my car for now will run at Baytown soon.