Newbie with OTC 2000.

Tow Man

I hope someone can help me with this. I spent last weekend tuning and tweaking with the OTC 2000. Everything went well until I checked coolant temp reading. After thorough warm-up, I was getting a reading of 80-82 on scan tool. I replaced the sensor and still the same reading! I just let a friend borrow it for his GN and he got the same low reading on his car!

Does the OTC read actual temp in degrees or is it some sort of value? ...................... I just thought of this. Can this be in celsius? Is there a way to change from celsius to standard mode on scan tool?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I wouldn't ask if I knew!! Thanks, Vic:confused:

Originally posted by Tow Man
I hope someone can help me with this. I spent last weekend tuning and tweaking with the OTC 2000. Everything went well until I checked coolant temp reading. After thorough warm-up, I was getting a reading of 80-82 on scan tool. I replaced the sensor and still the same reading! I just let a friend borrow it for his GN and he got the same low reading on his car!

Does the OTC read actual temp in degrees or is it some sort of value? ...................... I just thought of this. Can this be in celsius? Is there a way to change from celsius to standard mode on scan tool?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I wouldn't ask if I knew!! Thanks, Vic:confused:

Yes there is a way to change from degrees C to degrees F but I haven't played with an OTC in so many years, I can't remember how to do it. Damn thing was too un-user-friendly, so it sits in it's case and collects dust :mad: