Newbie Questions

84GNPILE

New to the GN hobby so bear with me please......

I can already tell it's next to impossible to get replacement/aftermarket Lear Sigler interior parts/seat covers anymore, so what is the average going rate for buying seats,door panels etc....?

Also, this 84 shift linkage has like a column type linkage connected to the steering shaft, but it is a floor shift car.The floor shift cable was gone when I got it, but now I have one and can't figure out how it is supposed to hook up.Anyone have a pic or can explain how the cable connects to the linkage.

And when you start the car up, what lights/warning lights illuminate when you turn the key on??

Its really tough to find seats for the 84 GN's. Yer best bet is to have a local shop redo em as close to original as possible.

For my seats, I went to www.seatcovers.net and got the custom seat covers. They cost a little bit but look great and will last a long time.
As far as warning lights, I think it would depend on what options are on the car. The Check Engine light will definatly light when you first turn the car on but will turn off when the engine fully cranks unless there are any codes stored.

To answer your light question: Every idiot light should go through a bulb check, regardless of what options you have. All should turn off after a few seconds. If your "check engine" light comes on, that means something is f'ed.